Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Congrats to the forumer in Hot Rod Magazine « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11879
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I may forget a name, face, or even forum handle, but never their car! Congrats to the forumer with the 1993 Thunderbird featured in the December issue of Hot Rod Magazine (Bench Racing).

393bird
Username: 393bird

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, what a surprise. I never dreamed someone here would read that, and post it. They were going to do a feature article on it on the Power Tour, but I was having transmission heat problems, and could not make it. They asked me to send a few pictures to at least get it in the magazine. I just got my copy Friday. :-) The car has been in a couple other magazine already.

Here is a page I added to my TBird Project page.
http://members.tccoa.com/392bi rd/inprint.htm

There are a lot of cars out there that are better, but I guess this is so unique, it gets noticed. Be neat if some of my old Redford Township buddies saw it, but they are all most likely out in Jackson enjoying free room and board. :-)

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 379
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Be neat if some of my old Redford Township buddies saw it"

Can't help you with the Redford guys?

How about another former Detroiter also living in Clarksville? Congrads from the Sango side :-)

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2073
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice... :-)

393bird

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragtoplover59: Now what are the chances of that? :-) I live in the St Bethleham area, and get out to your area often on Saturdays at Wendys to hang out with the Memory Lane Cruisers. You still into cars?

I have been a car nut forever.. Went to Detroit Drag Strip when it was just called New Baltimore.

Drop a message on my guestbook.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 747
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)

<313>

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11880
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah yes, 393bird, now I remember the name. Congrats again! I hadn't even read the print when I turned to the page and said "Hey, I know that car!"

I'm thinking this tax return will be time to put the bottom end of my 650-700 hp engine together. Just been way too long!

393bird

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good to hear from you, and hope your Camaro progress for you. If this economy keeps going down, I will have to collect cans for my next upgrade. :-(

Thanks guys...

Bdglsmn
Username: Bdglsmn

Post Number: 127
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice job with the Bird man! I've noticed that there are quite a few hardcore car (and bike) guys on this site!

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 380
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

393bird
I will look for you at the parking lot this weekend, or , if you want to swing by, I live on the street directly in front of Sango Pools, go down the street and look for the yard with the tombstones and pumpkins!
It would be cool to meet a DYeser in these parts! although I do know of another here in town.

393bird

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragtoplover59: Since it cools off so fast in the evenings, I will be at the parking lot between 5-6. This is a 80% drag car, 20% cruiser, no heat, defroster, etc. :-) Look forward to meeting you.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8974
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This thread has the highest density of smiley faces per post than any I've seen. :-)

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3858
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-(

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.