Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Michigan voters favor marijuana for medicine, stem-cell research(Poll) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sg9018
Username: Sg9018

Post Number: 247
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan voters favor marijuana for medicine, stem-cell research
According to the Free Press-Local 4 Michigan Poll, proposals to legalize the use of marijuana for medical purposes and less restrictions on stem cell research.
More in the Free Press,
http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20080929/NEWS06/ 80929078

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2157
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

all around good news!

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 222
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And why not? They should tax weed too. Just like alcohol and cigarettes. Probably would save us all some cash, but would create a lot more lung disease. Win some,lose some.

Maybe the stem cell research can create a cure for emphysema and cancer? Then we'd really be cooking with gas!

J_to_the_jeremy
Username: J_to_the_jeremy

Post Number: 95
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think it would create more lung disease...probably the same people who smoke now would smoke weed then.

Detroiterbychoice
Username: Detroiterbychoice

Post Number: 118
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dude if they legalized pot.....I might start smoking it. Sales at avalon would sky rocket!

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1921
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the point Townonenorth was trying to make is smoking anything is stupid, particularly with the government having to pick up the tab for people who get sick from it.

We might as well make motorcycle helmets illegal and all ride donorcycles like our neighbors in OH, IL, and WI.

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 223
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah they have tried to do that here too. Helmet law I mean. Go figure. It cured me years ago seeing 2 bikers flip and fly one with a helmet, one without. Both hit the cement, only the helmeted rider got up.

Really, I think that marijuana for sick and dying patients is OK. I thing legalization and taxation is OK too. I'ts just not good for you lung wise. Too much resins in it to be good for you. Same as cigarettes.

Although, the quantity would be vastly reduced, so maybe in moderation it's OK?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.