Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Detroit Police Lab Shut Down « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Youngprofessionaldetroiter
Username: Youngprofessionaldetroiter

Post Number: 393
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, our margin of error is, let's say around 10%.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20080925/NEWS02/ 80925052

The good news is that we can finally start cleaning house. Man, Cockrel has political goodwill like at no other time to just completely gut the city operations. Glad to see it's happening.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow I am glad I am not convicted of crime here in the city! 10% that is horrid!

(Message edited by urbanoutdoors on September 25, 2008)

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1321
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Come election time there will be a lot of bitter people lined up to take shots at him. This has needed, not just the DPD, to happen for awhile.

But there are going to be alot of business owners and union people who won't be happy with him because he's derailing the gravy train.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1825
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit News' story says the casework will be sent to the State Police's already overwhelmed crime lab. Maybe the city should look into privatizing this department in the future?

Detroit Police shut down crime lab
http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20080925/METRO 01/809250435

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 80
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KK's legacy begins to reveal itself!!!

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1859
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

"Come election time there will be a lot of bitter people lined up to take shots at him. This has needed, not just the DPD, to happen for awhile.

But there are going to be alot of business owners and union people who won't be happy with him because he's derailing the gravy train."

Actually, maybe he actually cares about the city. He is the only one who has a chance to get these things done. They'll hate him, but it will be done, and he'll be reverted back to a position on city council, while everyone slowly realizes that the city is now better off... and the council realizing their job is now a little bit easier (whether they admit it or not).

Just my thoughts.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6293
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that is exactly what the quote said (i.e. "this is needed"). In fact, I think many of us here had said earlier that we hoped whomever would be the new mayor would make hard and unpopular decisions, decisions that could very well make him or her a one-termer but decisions that needed to be made. I hope Cockrel keeps plowing forward and doesn't look back, and I hope that when the cameras start to retreat that he doesn't slow down.

You're thoughts are shared (and have been shared) with many.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.