Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » People's Art Festival « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cycledetroit
Username: Cycledetroit

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.rccadetroit.org/paf 08/

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 3050
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hooking this up with the earlier thread on this subject:

People's Art Festival, Russell Industrial Center, SAT. 9/13, 11A-12M
https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/154909.html?1221886724

We're heading down there shortly.

Southen
Username: Southen

Post Number: 411
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was a great festival. Nice to see so many people out and enjoying the art, music and weather.

Kathleen: It was a pleasure meeting you. Enjoy the print!

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1811
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whew, we just got back (We tried to stay until midnight, but really were among the last vendors open in the Bazaar. It seemed like everyone else was outside, and only came in for us, the band, or the three other vendors that closed at the same time). We figured we'd avoid the traffic.

I did FINALLY stop by Torya's Crepe stand, and was very happy they came by our body jewelry stand at the bazaar. Also, it was very nice to meet "Kathleen", "GrillMaster", and several other DYES posters. Southen, I did see you, and your stand, but it was kind of busy. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello. Everything looked really great though!

Very good festival, and the Bazaar really came together nicely.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 944
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fun time indeed!

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 995
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean what were you selling, my friend and I just returned also. Where were you located?

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1812
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J&K Body Jewelry, right off the food court. Black tables, flashing lights...

(Message edited by Sean_of_Detroit on September 22, 2008)

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1813
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PS: I assumed it was okay to mention on met you guys... I hope that's okay.

You know... 'cause... you know, DYES Internet street cred is like gold out on South Russell nowadays...

Sorry, long day... I was once funny, I really was!

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 870
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

South Russell

Are you a Journey fan, by any chance? :-)

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1819
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Schon can play some good guitar, I was referring to Russell Road.

I'm a fan of just music Bear... LOL... There are no good artists. There are just those good songs, the gold they produce from thin-air.

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 102
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I also was there Yesterday..Very cool..Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon..I found the poster Art (Gary Grimshaw,Carl Lundgren,Mark Arminski)and bought a piece from each,enjoyed the music and refreshments...

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 3051
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had a really enjoyable time there. Saw a number of friends...and met Southen and Sean_of_Detroit and his gf Kally. Nice chatting with you all!
Southen: Enjoyed chatting about Detroit photography with you. And we love the print!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.