Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » DInner in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cycledetroit
Username: Cycledetroit

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone tried Wasabi on Woodward? We are thinking something asian, and we cant go to sala thai everynight. Any other good places in the city?

Birdie
Username: Birdie

Post Number: 56
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to Wasabi for lunch the other day. I thought it was excellent! I had the vegetarian bi bim bop and it was so delicious. My co-worker said that his sushi was good. The decor is nice. The lunch prices are a little on the high side (if i remember correctly: $7-$15 and sushi rolls $4-$10), but the portions are large.

Everydayislikesunday
Username: Everydayislikesunday

Post Number: 372
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went there for dinner last Saturday night. The food was great, the service was so-so, and the ambience is more of a lunch time place. The pricing was totally reasonable for sushi. No liquor license until the end of the month.

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 363
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Went there for lunch last week- same reviews as the other folks. Prices were a bit steep for the lunch potion size- $13 for 5 nigiri, gyoza, and a fruit salad. Little high for my taste, though the product was fresh. Service is working out the kinks- took us 2 hours from sitting down to paying the bill, no loitering time. WAY too long for most lunch breaks; they're going to have to work on that to get the real lunch crowd in and out in a reasonable time frame.

Overall, a nice addition to the neighborhood. Will go back, though not necessarily on a regular basis.

Username: 48202

Post Number: 61
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been to Wasabi three times for dinner. Food, service, and prices all have my stamp of approval.

If your looking for Mexican or Italian, I recommend El Barzon. I've heard that they got their liquor license.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8847
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FINALLY got around to going there yesterday and loved it. The above mentioned service quirks seem to be smoothed over and it was relatively quick & brisk- although it was for dinner and maybe the lunchtime service still hasn't been ironed out yet. But overall a nice meal. Fresh sushi, great noodles and the atmosphere was definitely an upgrade from the days of when the place was Snickers, Cappy's and a host of other little diners. I liked the fact that the Park Shelton residents can actually have deliveries to their apartments even though I don't live there. It's a nice way for them to connect with the area! I also like the fact that they're open until 10:00 on most nights too.

It's a very very nice addition to the neighborhood and adds a bit more selection to the Cultural Center's dining palette. Huge props to these folks and I would highly recommend this place to anyone in the area as well.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.