Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » More tales from the hood. « Previous Next »
Archive through September 13, 2008Ggores30 09-13-08  10:25 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2301
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think i would've moved after your first installation of this series, actually, no, scratch that, i wouldn't have moved there in the first place...and from what little i've seen, i doubt you will find the area west of the CAID any better. god speed

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 5355
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just amazing how many small-minded people there are-- everywhere. The people who want to show off a gun, who want to intimidate you just for fun, who are openly racist. Django has mixed with the inner-city version of this lower rung of society, but such people are everywhere, and are certainly not just black people or city dwellers. We all know that small-mindedness is everywhere, and manifests itself in different ways (normally in racism and fear which may or may not be communicated through violence or intimidation). Django has come across one of its more perturbing manifestations. Blatant intimidation, at gun point.

Those are the sort of folk that you can't really "work it out" with by talking to. You can't forge a relationship with those idiots, even if you wanted to just for the sake of making peace. You could only be their friends if you tried to join whatever gang their in-- and unfortunately since you're white, and do not have any desire to partake in organized crime, you probably won't be doing that.

There has to be a reasonable, inexpensive neighborhood in the city where diversity is tolerated and gang intimidation isn't present, and I would suggest you find it.

Mortalman
Username: Mortalman

Post Number: 235
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everybody says, acts, lives, loves and dies their script and destiny. Some people just have to live on the edge just to know they're alive others know they are alive just because they are breathing. Who can say who should do what, where, when or how? I've got no advise for anybody about how they should live their life. I've got enough trouble figuring out how to live my life. How do I know if you shouldn't be shot dead in the hood? The answer is I don't know so what you do is non of my business. But, I am glad to hear your war stories because I have a tendency to learn from others pursuits and what I would term mistakes for me!

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 86
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gosh, and some people wonder why so many people are leaving the city still. It's nice to be a pioneer in the pursuit of helping Detroit return to world class status but reality has a habit of ruining the dream. It's pretty bad when you can't even walk your dog without facing harassment and maybe death.
Too bad the hood has been taken over by hoods.

Hamtragedy
Username: Hamtragedy

Post Number: 299
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dbc;

Victoria is one blk. N. of the Davison entrance curve. All four houses are (were) identical, (I thought they were cute), on the east side of Gallagher. Probably some dumbass slumlord burning for insurance, or even some dirtball ex-tenant. I dunno. I will drive by your block and report back.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4648
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This guy went overboard, but I understand not wanting to be charged by a dog. Not everybody likes dogs. Be courteous and keep the dog on the leash. I think it also a city and/or state law.

Mortalman
Username: Mortalman

Post Number: 236
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with you, Pam, not everyone loves or even likes dogs and more than one person has been bitten by, "He/she doesn't bite", dogs!

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 5362
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doesn't exactly call for a threat with a gun, though.

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 726
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NeighborHOODS: You get what you pay for.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3569
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mortalman & Pam do have a point.

Mackinaw, it's like someone with a knife running up towards you.

They may not be trying to hurt you, but how are you suppose to know?

Do you just risk your life or stay on guard?

(Message edited by DetroitRise on September 13, 2008)

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 532
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget mortal/pam........ that the man came walking up to Django in the middle of a large field. He wouldn't have been interesting to Mar Mar if he kept to his own. If he didn't like dogs, he didn't have to "ask" Django for "something". It's obvious to me that the situation was provoked by the hoodlum, and not Django.

I am a firm believer of keeping your animal on a leash in public. There are, however, places to let you dog run freely off a leash while avoiding trouble, pedestrians or traffic.

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 374
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Neighbors was telling me this early-afternoon the gunshots were firing all night, last night. Just kids... just a hood... just another day. Make correct decisions, get the fuck out, before it gets the F in. Skyrocketing fuel costs are nothing in comparison. Count yer blessings.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1913
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mortalman^^ I believe made the most interesting point. What I consider an experience he may consider a mistake, I can live with that.

Like I said. Im not posting this to whine about my problems, just making them known. I dont think ppl realize how often this kind of shit goes down. Nothing newsworthy but can make for an interesting thread.

Blondy hooked me up with someone who has a cheap house for sale over by CAID off Rosa Parks. CAID is an art gallery run by a friend of mine Aaron Timlin. Its West of the Woodbridge area but close enough for me to feel comfortable. I hope Im able to work it all out and buy the place. Needs a lot of work but thats fine with me.

(Message edited by django on September 13, 2008)

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 557
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, I want you to get the fuck out of there. Take Mar Mar and GO!

Send me an email, I have an area you would love and you'd fit in perfectly--the people actually CARE about each other...and the houses are lovely.

kathescha at gmail dot com

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 369
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit, the city we love that doesn't love us back!

Shovelhead
Username: Shovelhead

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One major point brought forth in CPL classes is that you do not willingly allow yourself to be put in a position making it necessary to use your concealed firearm. You know what is meant by willingly.
Putting yourself in a unsafe environment when you have the ability to leave doesn't make sense. You are willingly putting yourself in harm's way. And for what, to "prove a point"?

This isn't just "playing games", it's for keeps.
Dead is for a long time..., it's permanent I hear.
It doesn't matter where you live, the city or suburbs,if the area is unsafe,time to go.
My opinion when someone BRANDISHES (a legal charge in the State of Michigan, check Michigan State Police website) it was damn close to being used. And if not this time, maybe another. Who knows?
And most likely this person with the firearm was NOT a licensed CPL holder in this or in any jurisdiction. And your dog, and you could have become another item for Action 7 News at eleven
Just a few things to mull over...........

(Message edited by Shovelhead on September 13, 2008)

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 343
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, you're certainly welcome to buy the house two doors down from us, which is $60,000. The house next door to us is a run-down foreclosed mess, but with a lot of work, it can look nice. My wife doesn't like dogs, but she'll make an exception for yours. Half the yard is already fenced in, so if you just added a gate, it could run around back there. It's listed for $12,500 and is in East English village. Let me know if you want more info. We'd love to have a no-renter, long-term owner there.

Speaking of, I've got a tale from the hood: for the last month I've had a group of teens hanging out in the backyard/garage of the foreclosed home next to me, shooting dice. They come around between 5-7 p.m. and stay for at least an hour, the longest period being three hours. They've broken the glass of the house's back door, just for kickers. I've called the cops, who finally showed up after I called 911 for the 6th time. But get this--the kids ran off when they saw the 5-0 pull up, then returned later--AND stayed until after 9 pm (dark), illuminating their dice shooting with flashlights. Grrr....

Anyway, to get into the mentality of some of these types, I ran the story past the students in one of my high school classes. I was told, straight faced, "Why you call the cops? That was probably they 'chill spot,' you know, where they go to chill. They probably from around the neighborhood. Don't call the cops, 'cause they probably holdin' down the block for ya'll." Trust me, these kids aren't holding down jack, let alone my block. Found out today that the chill spot is mobile...they also gamble inside a foreclosed house a block away. These kids are gone for hours at a time, and it looks like their parents don't know or don't care. To quote the principal in Ferris Bueller's day off, "I weep for the future."

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 983
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you ever meet anybody in that area that is civil or offers reassuarance Django? What are the demographics of the area? I cant picture exactly where it is located? Near north east side?

Chuckjav

Post Number: 729
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastsidechris....the craps game you've described sounds like what goes on, down the street from my sister's house (on Brock).

Cops come by...the kids run; twenty minutes later, they're right back at it.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 585
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 2:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Out in the burbs we had a problem with the house next our old house, kids would smoke their stuff on the back enclosed porch. good thing it was the baby girls friends they quit doing it . As for walking dogs, i know why we took the dog to Eliza Howell early in the morning.

Izzyindetroit
Username: Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 78
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's worse than having your car window busted out??

Having your car window busted out when your doors are unlocked.

Is that really the level of scum bags we have trolling this city's streets? Of course knowing that my doors didn't lock in the first place I never kept anything in it worth stealing so it was all for the estimated 8 cents in my ashtray.

Oh, and they managed to somehow break my passenger side seat.

Hamtragedy
Username: Hamtragedy

Post Number: 301
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More of the same old bullshit. Damnthistownisfrustrating.

Django

Post Number: 1918
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 4:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Izzy, I used to do the same thing, just leave my doors unlocked with nothing inside. Always worked for me. Too bad the ding dongs didn't just check the door handle to get the eight cents in the ashtray instead of breaking your windows.

You wouldn't be Izzy from Ferndale with the shop across from Xhedos would you??

Izzyindetroit
Username: Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 7:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nope sorry that's not me. ^^^

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 326
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django stated...
quote:

Ive got some good Tales from the hood, how about you?

Do you have any true idea or true concept of the significance of a 'HOOD', the nuances, the complexities, and peculiar phenomenon that shapes itself and takes course during everyday folkway circumstances and evolving conditions??

You use the term in such a sarcastic manner, as if you are almost happy to find yourself enveloped in the trenchant of chaos...ie; the 'basic white' 'I have Black friends' street credibility syndrome__But only now, you are finding out that 'fitting in' ain't what it appears to be__go figure!

Your melodramatic introduction by way of 'tales from the hood' comes off as racist and arrogant__perhaps you wish to be labelled courageous, gallant, or perhaps larger than life by your 'basic white' counterparts because of your 'tales in the hood' stories.

Most of 'us' (unlike Dyers) that survive everyday in the 'hood' see it in a different manner. We understand the events that may present itself at anytime, it is not a 'tale' to 'us', we understand the standardization and qualification of each and every operation that are manifested from evolving circumstances. Most of which comes from agents outside of the 'hood'.

The rules of surviving are not written down on paper, or in a constitutional process, or even pontificated by governmental law (they don't care about us)__The transmission of these street rules are developed from inside, not through fairy tales ...it's in the DNA, so then in order to understand it, you have to be one of 'us'.

The events in which you encounter as an 'outsider' is nothing to play/or laugh with...if you don't understand the rules and procedures evolving the occurrences and conditions in the 'hood', you will soon be a true victim of circumstances. In other-words, if you play with fire it will burn you.

Evoking the words of the brilliant gangster griot and lyricist Grandmaster Flash....

'its like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder, don't push me cause I'm close to the end....I'm trying not to lose my head......'

blksoul_atcha!
Founding member of the BJL
Obama 08'

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 843
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Your melodramatic introduction by way of 'tales from the hood' comes off as racist and arrogant

So does everything you post.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3759
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't 'hood just an abreviation for neighborhood, and don't we all live in them?

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 540
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CrackSoul_X.....

First... you got GrandMasters lyrics wrong. You left a line out. You are a "Hood-Poser". You don't even know what you preach. And you're racist. You continued "battle against racism" ironically casts you and others who share you viewpoints deeper apart from a harmonious society.

Go on thinking that crack_soulX. You're nothing to anything. Just a blip in the hood.

Jackpot
Username: Jackpot

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you should have better luck with the people in the neighborhood near the CAID (i assume), but watch out for the packs of strays

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This sounds like a Charles Bronson movie.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 899
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blacksoul_x, once again, underscores his incredible anger toward whites and not having made his way out of his hatred-filled world of the Black Justice League (WTF?), enveloped by division and separatism. He has again failed to enter the world of reality, choosing to blame others for his utter failure. While he seeks to point out how racist and ill informed white folks are ("us" vs them), he simply shows his ignorance and reveals his most racist side yet.

He lives in the land of "Amerikka" and espouses lies and untruths spread by the crackpots that he follows-all the while failing miserably to keep up with the modern day reality of his own racism.

He fails to realize that none of us use the term 'hood as anything but an abbreviation for neighborhood, and seeks to divide and conquer by perpetuating lies and deceit with his own "melodramatics" and posts of complete, divisive bullshit.

He seeks to make fun of those who truly step over his self imposed "line in the sand", as if he and only he, sees clearly what everyone else does not.

He perpetuates the myths that legitimate folks try so hard to tear down, seeking only to keep us apart rather than bring us together by dragging the past to the forefront in every negative refence he makes. His thinking is truly a relic of the past, and the reason for such division in this entire region, not just Detroit. His type of thinking is the biggest anchor to his people, yet he pontificates as though he is the next coming of the messiah.

He is not.

So when he posts his tired shit, ignore it.

Maybe his world will "change" one day, but I doubt it with that prevalent attitude of his.

Sludgedaddy
Username: Sludgedaddy

Post Number: 152
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

X-man....The differential of an angular clitoris is no reason to ponder the complexities of a reference to common caucasians when the nomenclature of "hood" in the British Isles is generally defined as a "bonnet".

In the Black Justice League is there a Blackquaman?

We're Livin' in the Jungle".....Flo and Eddie.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3653
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Clouseau: Does your dog bite?
Hotel Clerk: No.
Clouseau: [bowing down to pet the dog] Nice doggie.
[Dog barks and bites Clouseau in the hand]
Clouseau: I thought you said your dog did not bite!
Hotel Clerk: That is not my dog.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 285
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sludgedaddy,

LOL @ 'differential of an agular clitoris' :-)

I was feeling droll and a little sarcastic and was going to respond to Blksoul's post but now I'm laughing too much.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 353
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In Honor of Blksoul_x's misplaced post, lets have a misplaced roll call!

Rag checking in!

Not much to read over in the Kingdom, who could blame him for wanting to check out Django's little part of the Hood? __go figure!

here is my little melodramatic message.
you said-
"The rules of surviving are not written down on paper, or in a constitutional process, or even pontificated by governmental law"

How about a little common sense etched in stone, By the Blacks, for the Blacks, and evidently ignored by Blksoul_x

Blksoul_x Hates the white man so much, now Django can't even say he lives in the hood.

But let one of the villagers admit to a love for Rock music, and all of a sudden we get-

"The Black brotha' stretching the 'pleasure' boundaries of the Black experience with is appetite for rock music...."

Guess what, Not that much of a stretch. All people have the right to like what they want, Color blind AMERICAN's can stretch the 'pleasure' boundaries of the American experience, and like anything from Music to Hood's! and your permission is not needed, but thanks:-)

Django

Post Number: 1922
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BSX.

What they said^^^.

Django

Post Number: 2014
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh oh oh, I got a new one.

My part time girl just got her two TVs and two DVD players stolen, plus a necklace that Professor Larry bought for her in Europe (that was the REAL loss). They climbed through a window that had been left ajar. Middle of the afternoon on a fairly busy block. I installed new locks all around and am trying to get the alarm system back on since the copper theives have taken the phone lines several times this year on our block.

This by the way is not my block, that Ive talked about in the past, where I stay (for a few more days anyway). This is a pretty nice little oasis on Farnsworth. Still, the shit overflows into the oasis everyonce in a while.

Thanks for letting me vent yall.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Still, the shit overflows into the oasis everyonce in a while.

It spills over much further than that.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20080926/M ETRO/809260426

quote:

A Macomb County police task force has nabbed 10 people suspected of being a part of an auto theft ring responsible for stealing more than 50 vehicles over the last three months, officials said Friday.

The value of the vehicles is nearly $600,000, police said.

Officers with the Macomb Auto Theft Squad arrested most of the suspects -- which include nine men and one minor, all from Detroit -- on Wednesday, officials said.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 406
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the conventional wisdom in Detroit is that if anything bad happens to you, no matter what, you bear some responsibility for it.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 980
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am ignorant of Blksoul_x's other statements made on this board but I have to admit that I agree with his above post. Regardless of his other posts I think he nailed it on that one above. People's anger only seems to make his point that much more legit.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 12326
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

the conventional wisdom in Detroit is that if anything bad happens to you, no matter what, you bear some responsibility for it.

Based upon what? The conventional wisdom is that someone that makes such broad generalizations doesn't know what they are talking about.

Warrior - Seems like you are making quite an implication. Have the names and cities of those arrested been released yet?

Jt1

Post Number: 12327
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Based upon what? The conventional wisdom is that someone that makes such broad generalizations doesn't know what they are talking about.

Warrior - Seems like you are making quite an implication. Have the names and cities of those arrested been released yet?

Django

Post Number: 2021
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fareastsider.

As a Neareastsider, I cant try and understand where Blksoul is coming from but Im not pretending to be an insider. Im white, Ive lived down here off and on for 20 yrs but I did grow up in the burbs of white AmeriCa, I just write what I see, I ask questions and hope for some good advice. I did not mean this to be a race issue. Yes, I call my area "the hood" if Blk. lived in Brighton and called his area a neighborhood would he be accused of being sarcastic? What is your advice? Im sure Blks advice would be for me to move to R.O. but thats not happening. If you do have some advice Im reading.

Im not here to get "street cred" or live the black experience, if you knew me you would probably figure that out pretty quick. I feel as if you think I wear sweats with my ass hangin out, a crooked baseball cap, and drive a cutlass with 49" rims that shoot sparks when they spin. Fact is Im just a dude gettin by who happens to be white. I also happen to seek advice and enjoy writing about everyday experiences.

I hope I havent crossed anyone of any race. I actually had a response to Blksoul after his response that tried to make a bridge but a few other ppl made me think about standing my ground, so here I stand, well type anyway.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Did you read the article, or the quoted portion in my post? It says plain as day what city they all are from. All 10 were from Detroit.

Jt1

Post Number: 12338
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My bad. Overlooked that part.

My apologies.

Dannyv

Post Number: 407
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just repeating what I've been told, Jt1. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

Ggores

Post Number: 399
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have never understood the big hub-bub on this board over the words "hood", or "ghetto".

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 885
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I have never understood the big hub-bub on this board over the words "hood", or "ghetto".

What is the "big hub-bub?" As far as I can tell from 3+ years of reading this board, Blksoul_x's post 326 pretty much stands alone in that regard. Is there some undercurrent on here I've been missing all this time?

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 245
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think so Bear. I use the word "hood" to identify my old stomping grounds. It ain't no thang. It's a term of endearment, for me anyway.

Ggores

Post Number: 401
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh heh, yes. I guess I've not quite understood Blksouls outlandish racial rants. But then again, I am white. Dirty, too. Oy.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2776
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I suppose that we are to view the term as being non-intellectual property, or some such thang.

Jt1

Post Number: 12340
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Just repeating what I've been told, Jt1. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

That's the problem. People repeat what they hear, not reality. Calling out your secondhand bs doesn't get my knickers in a twist.

It's probably best to get to know people and what they stand for before basing an opinion on hundreds of thousands based upon you've been told.

The foolish take what they have been told at face value.

Chuckjav

Post Number: 871
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ggores....can you tell us the where & the when, with regard to the photograph you posted?

Dannyv

Post Number: 408
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Take it up with the folks who subscribe to such views. The reality you speak of is made by those who hold such views and have low expectations regarding personal responsibility.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.