Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Chinese Restaurant with a View « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jita1
Username: Jita1

Post Number: 67
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Years ago, I had dinner at a Chinese Restaurant that had a great view of the water. I remember it being somewhere around Harbor Town. What's the name of that place and is it still open?

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 790
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jita1, you're probably thinking of Hoy Tin which was in the River House Apartments, just east of Indian Village. Hoy Tin is no longer open, but there may be another restaurant in that space now.

HT

(photo from Real Estate One site)

Jita1

Post Number: 70
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, I think that's it! That was a really nice place. I'll have to see if there's anything else there now. Thanks!

Jita1

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, there's a restaurant there called
"Rumors on the River". Might be worth a try.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 996
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I grew up in that neighborhood and went to Hoy Tin with my family a fair bit. It was pretty good. For waterfront views in the area, you can do try Rumors on the River, Sinbads, or Roostertail.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1674
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rumors is super cheap, with decent food and good service. We eat there 2 or 3 times a month (close for us). And the view of the water isn't that great BTW...but the view of the last few mansions (before the public park) on the water in Berry sub are magnificent.

I've heard of other people who ate there when it was Hoy Tin, so I'm sure that was the restaurant you're thinking about.

Paczki
Username: Paczki

Post Number: 66
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Loved Hoy Tin till I came home with a roach in my chop suey.

Jita1

Post Number: 76
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh no!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.