Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Thornetta Davis sang the National Anthem « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Scs_scooter
Username: Scs_scooter

Post Number: 108
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a treat today at the CoPa. I went to see my ex Tiger fav Pudge Rodriguez and was pleasantly surprised that Thornetta Davis sang the National Anthem. I love when the singer(s) get(s) it just right! Sometimes it's a train wreck but more often that not...beautiful voices ring throughout the stadium, just like today. Anyone else hear her today?

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 349
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Y'know it's a shame that that part of a televised sports event is overlooked now and commercials are shown instead. On Canadian TV, they show the National Anthem being performed before a hockey game and both countries National Anthems if the teams are from different countries.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8667
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 3:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thornetta Davis rocks! I saw her a few years back at Festival of the Arts and thought she was amazing there. Since then I've been hooked... and yes, you're right it would be a treat to see the national anthem sung on TV.

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 7489
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whatever happened to the chisel brothers?

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thornetta is the queen. Her wedding ceremony at the African American Festival a couple weeks ago was a thing of beauty. She ALWAYS gets it right, and is a genuinely good person. One of Detroit's gifts to the world of music.

Moetown
Username: Moetown

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 4:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember seeing thornetta with the chisel brothers and electric mud at sisco's in taylor, just about every week in the 90's, before it closed. Never a bad show.

Marianewtothed
Username: Marianewtothed

Post Number: 51
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thornetta sang at the Arts, Beats and Eats this past weekend. Very pleasant and soulful voice.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.