Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Most affluent city might surprise you « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1654
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is the title of the article. They are talking about a suburb in Texas. However, Detroit out-ranked Cleveland for the poorest Metro.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/census/2008-08-26-income-side_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

(Message edited by Sean_of_Detroit on August 28, 2008)

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1655
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/n ation/census/2008-08-26-income -side_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

{Clickable}

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 6209
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plano also had a hellish heroin problem a few years ago. Truth can be stranger than fiction.

quote:

The poorest city in the nation was Detroit, with a median household income of $28,097. It fell to the bottom spot this year, replacing Cleveland.

Ouch.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3516
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys do know that's poorest "BIG" city, right?

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1657
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think we care though, right?

Who should be more embarrassed? The people in the valley, or the people who are laughing and dumping toxic waste in the valley?

LOL... I guess?

It's like; "YAY! You guys got your castle in the hills, so you can look down on the peasants and laugh... now what?"

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link... it applies to our entire planet.

Sigh... Why couldn't we have been born fifty years into the future... ever wounder?

Nevermind... maybe we're here for a reason... maybe? I know, probably not likely, but it's fun to dream...

...The only reason it's ever relevant is for motivation anyway.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3517
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Yeah...

Anyway, Detroit is not the poorest city in the nation, that's a fact.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1659
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry...

I can't stay asleep! I keep having these nightmares and weird dreams. This was supposed to be a sleep day.

Tylenol P.M.'s don't work to well. You go to sleep, then wake up a couple hours later all groggy. I hate it. I probably shouldn't even buy these anymore. Anyone have any sug... I'm doing it again... sorry... "shut up" Sean. I know, I know...

(Message edited by Sean_of_Detroit on August 28, 2008)

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 333
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of affluency, take it, and Godspeed to ya. "Affluency" is a stand-alone word which has no antonym.

Rock On Detroit! Poor, poor, Detroit. :-)

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1947
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plano, aren't they a mostly dry area in N. Dallas void of booze. That may explain something. My sister lives there.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6228
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That has nothing to do with it, especially when you consider the other cities on the list.

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 900
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Plano also had a hellish heroin problem a few years ago

wow, really? that would certainly explain some things. (my company's home office is in Plano)

On the other hand, with the cuts we went through for a while, we might have been the cause of it...

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 3119
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 5:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boulder Colorado is an insane crack town. Go figure.

"Who should be more embarrassed?"

Plenty of embarrassment for all americans on this issue, no need to sort that out by city.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.