Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Street closures for the Jazz Fest « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Joymac
Username: Joymac

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any idea what the street closures will be for the jazz fest? Some of our folks park at the 1001 Woodward building and they close woodward going south sometimes right at state street. Anyone have any news or facts on this?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3512
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm guess it's going to be the usual streets.

-Woodward from Congress to State Street.
-Monroe (from Randolph to Woodward).
-Cadillac Square.
-Michigan from Griswold to Woodward.
-Fort Street from Griswold to Woodward.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 3023
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe Woodward will be closed from Jefferson through State. If not Friday, then on Saturday when the Jazz Fest goes into full swing!!

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The normally placid downtown traffic situation in the Campus Martius area is borderline gridlocked today. Going to be worse tomorrow. If you need to be in the area, don't plan on cruising through in your car. Plan your parking accordingly.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1687
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish they would close Jefferson for Jazzfest, just that block or two where you have to cross from the Hart Plaza area to get up to the Campus Martius stages. It's a major pain to wait for traffic to be stopped.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 441
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can pretty much expect at a minimum, everything in Green to be closed to traffic
http://www.detroitjazzfest.com /2008%20Festival%20Map.pdf

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8481
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be parking and taking the newly improved People Mover. Now with extra screeching sounds and a backwards running route.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.