Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » LOTS to do this weekend in Metro Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Masterblaster
Username: Masterblaster

Post Number: 207
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are a plethora of high-quality events going on this weekend.

HUGE Jazz Festival downtown

State Fair

Chrysler Arts, Beats, and Eats in Pontiac

Dally in the Alley

Belle Isle Grand Prix

Anything else?

English
Username: English

Post Number: 796
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't Dally in the Alley next weekend?

(One of my FAVE Midtown festivals -- love it!)

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 2101
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Enjoy the last long weekend of summer.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 3022
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 6:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, the Dally is Sept 6.

Also this weekend....

Romeo Peach Festival

Hamtramck Labor Day Festival

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 553
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not Related to Metro Detroit but the Mackinac Bridge Walk is always fun!

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Per the Dally: Yes, "we ain't young anymore...", but I don't recognize many of the performers! Not a problem, though. Might discover some impressive new acts, and the vibe is always great. Will try not to be brought down by the ruined Forest Arms spectacle. Peace to all, and if you have not done the Dally, give it a try the Saturday after Labor Day.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 439
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did the State Fair yesterday.
Going to watch the Tigers loose in the afternoon on Sunday, then cheer myself up bar hoping around the Jazz Fest and river walk for the rest of the day/evening.

I have been wanting to check out the Dally for a few years now, and if all stays as planned, this should be the year!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8473
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Velveteen Rabbit is not playing the Dally? How is that possible?

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 276
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to the Renaissance Festival this Sunday with my friend...dress up!!

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 277
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

August 16-September 28th are the dates for the Festival.

Side note: ...with my friends*

Renman24
Username: Renman24

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Legends of Hip-Hop at Chene Park

Detroitpetanque
Username: Detroitpetanque

Post Number: 148
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dtowncitylover: We'll be there (Renaissance Fest in Holly, MI) on Sunday too with 9 people. I'm growing my beard out for the "pirate-look" and dressing up (or down?) since it's Buccaneer BBQ BeerFest.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8478
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there Sunday too. Yeeargh. Ded Bob Show and a turkey leg with some beer sounds good to me.

Frankg
Username: Frankg

Post Number: 550
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Labor Day Parade on Monday at 10AM!

The Detroit Free Press online says Obama-Biden will there!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.