Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Angel Food Ministries « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 142
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just found out about this place recently - and I'll probably do a poor job at describing it so here is the link: http://www.angelfoodministries .com/about/how_it_works.asp

But its a food distribution program with REAL BRAND food, you do NOT have to be any type of welfare or aid program, its open to the public, and basically it provides a monthly distribution of boxes of food that feed a family of 4 for about a week, for $30 per box. No limit on boxes, order as much as you want.

It's a great program that anyone can use, or maybe someone you know could use it. There's also a Senior box for $25 with food appropriate for seniors.

The only thing is you have to find a location near you, pick it up yourself - bring a large box or hamper, and you have to order in advance for their monthly pickup.

If interested, check out the website, if not for you then pass the information along to someone you know. Find a location near you and make sure you understand the deadlines.

Also, the menu changes each month. Currently, the September menu is posted at the site.

Tammypio
Username: Tammypio

Post Number: 180
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have heard that the food is excellent! A lady at my church uses the program and couldn't say enough good things about it. Ironically enough, I was recommending this program to a coworker only this morning.
I'm definitely going to look into for my mother.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 2875
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My nephew and his family could really benefit from this. I have never heard of it. But I will pass this information along to them. Everyone needs a little help with something now and again. Thank you so much for making us aware of this Chrissy_Snow!

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1442
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here in the Ozarks I have only heard wonderful reports about the quality and quantity of food that you receive from Angel Food.

Seems hard to believe, but it is real and a good thing for many people.

Oilcan_harry
Username: Oilcan_harry

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We use the Angel Food program. The items vary some and the quality usually is very good. Sure shaves dollars of the monthly food budget.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 147
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm so glad to hear that people have used it! I'm just so surprised that I'd never heard of it before. My sister works for a Work First type of agency in Chicago, and they'd never heard of it until I told her. She printed off the information and is now giving it to her clients, they were so excited.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.