Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Identify the building: Detroitblog's "Stones throw" « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 981
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was reading the Detroit Blog tonight

(http://www.detroitblog.org)

and saw the short blip called "A Stones Throw" (3rd from the top currently)

What is that building? I would have to guess it is the Wurlitzer?

Correct?

Thank you, any help would be appreciated. I really am thankful that "John" caught who ever was doing this damage. I HATE vandals... I can't believe someone would try to break the skylight on that building - especially considering its neo-renaissance splendor!

(Message edited by andylinn on August 27, 2008)

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1541
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

david whitney building

Malcovemagnesia
Username: Malcovemagnesia

Post Number: 103
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That would have been my guess also, Rsa. The giveaway that it isn't the David Whitney building is that "John" said the floor underneath the skylight was only 15 feet, whereas the David Whitney building has a few stories between the floor and the skylight over the atrium.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1543
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmmm; good catch malcove. now that you mention it, the photo doesn't look like the skylight in the DWB either. could it be the metropolitan? can't be the wurlitzer, 'cuz that building goes all the way up from it's footprint.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.