Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Is There a Doctor in the House? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 420
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My heart goes out to this woman. I just wonder if it's linked to the knee surgery she had. She is being called crazy and a medical mystery.

I thought with all of the smart doctors we have in Detroit, if anyone has seen this before?

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=159 793

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 316
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of it sounds like the Bar-Epstein syndrome. Minus the blisters?
I knew of a guy who was basically an honest workaholic until Flu like symptoms and other muscular functions occurred, at first he was told it may take up to 2 years for it to pass from his system. 12 yrs later he can still barely leave the house before he suffers something and heads back home.
Completely changed his personality and his weight is less then half what it was.
I'm not aware of him having trouble with blisters though?

Like her, people thought a lot of it was just in his mind?, But the government was satisfied with the doctors reports and he receives a full disability.
Started in his early thirties.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3410
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Epstein-Barre has myriad symptoms. It can cause muscle paralysis and appear to be a stroke. My sister just had a minor stroke, and at first they thought it was Epstein-Barre. She had shingles shortly before the stroke and that can cause the Epstein.
I've got Lyme disease, and some of the symptoms sound like this poor woman and Ragtops friend. Flu-like symptoms, joint problems, heart problems, even memory and cognitive problems. I had a rash at the beginning, not the usual bulls-eye, but a rash on arms and legs.
I was treated with intervenous anti-biotics long term twice, and it's been in remission now for several years.
I hope someone can help her.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 318
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jcole
Thanks for the proper spelling and sequence of the virus, I was working on memory and it fails from time to time lol

Glad to hear you are in remission, best of luck to you with that!

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3418
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Ragtop, appreciate it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.