Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Royal Oak Lincoln & Main loud explosions « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rogerjab
Username: Rogerjab

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

or I guess it be fireworks anyone else hear that or know what it was?

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 533
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I first saw that headline the first thing that popped in my mind was that movie " Cloverfield" lol

Wasn't a very good movie though

Rogerjab
Username: Rogerjab

Post Number: 83
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never mind I just saw the previous post, man that was loud

Ro_resident
Username: Ro_resident

Post Number: 334
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought my kid had fallen out of bed.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 490
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

French777 said:
quote:

that movie " Cloverfield" ... wasn't ... very good

That's an understatement. Although I wish I knew how horrid that movie was before I was foolish enough to purchase it.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1952
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were fireworks I saw to the South west from my location at 9 and Dequindre, most likely at the state fair grounds.

Peterhuntprincess
Username: Peterhuntprincess

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw the fireworks coming from east last night. the booms sounded like they were in my backyard. im at Outerdrive and Livernois. must have been the fair grounds. there was also very loud music. anyone recall?

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 589
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See the post about the fireworks...it was the celebration of Israel's 60th Birthday at the State Fair Grounds.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 550
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm, Im at 10 Mile and John r and I heard them very loudly, shaking my house, and saw them. They seemed like a professional fireworks show in terms of quantity but these looked to be only a few streets away, not 2 miles. They were way too close to be from the fairgrounds.Very big show,hough.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 331
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

c pavement, Cloverfield was a lot of fun. Perhaps it doesn't translate to the small screen very well. The theme music under the credits at the end was excellent. Did you pick up on the scene at Coney Island at the end, when the couple are talking on a ride, and you see the splash of the alien(?) in the upper right corner. I enjoyed it, along with The Mist this year. as great B movies.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.