Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Watkins, a board member of Kilpatrick's legal fundraising team,..recruited to open bank... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jhartmich
Username: Jhartmich

Post Number: 164
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Donald Watkins, a Birmingham, Ala., lawyer considered to be among the nation's wealthiest African Americans, said he persuaded Kilpatrick to hire Parkman as part of his legal team.

Watkins, a board member of Kilpatrick's legal fundraising team, was recruited by Kilpatrick to open a branch of his bank, Alamerica, to fill the void created when Comerica, which has provided City Hall banking services, moved its headquarters to Texas." (Detroit News 08/18/2008)

Ummm...just for shits and giggles...am I the only one that is thinking to myself, "Here we go again?" More back room scams and wink-wink city contracts.

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 947
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 3:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't agree with you more. Where do the connections stop with this man? It's like watching a real life "Godfather" movie.

Kilpatrick just has to GO! and kick his friends and family out, too!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13824
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 5:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I heard that one bank has some deal to skim off of EVERY ATM in downtown, I realized there could be much more to all of these deals than previously imaginable.

I cannot see HOW that could be the case, but I don't know anything about the sharing of profits of ATM fees...and will never use 'em anyways...but it needs to be investigated.

There are more backroom and backdoor deals in this damn town, and they need to be brought into the light...every one of the public members of Kwhyme's defense simply HAS to be crooked in some way, shape, or form.

There is no other logical alternative.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.