Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Help for a fellow forumer....... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 857
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To all on this forum who are interested in helping one of our fellow forumers out, we are having a workday in September at the persons house to help him get his place back up to par and to help him get back on his feet.

His name is Django (his handle here) and we have been able to get some materials together to help him renovate the house he lives in. We have a thread going on the Connections side, under the "Shingles" title, and I would hope that you read it and try to help us with this very worthy cause.

For those of you that don't know him, Django is the guy that stacks rocks and has an uncanny ability to show his artistic talents in ways that most of us only dream of! He has been down on his luck recently, but I can assure you he is the real deal and he has a heart of gold.

He was one of the forumers that showed up at Cub's garden originally and he helps out with whatever he can do to help others. This time he could use your help, and he wants to start a garden in his neighborhood, just like the one he helped start at Cubs.

It will be worth your while to help us out, and any materials that you can provide for the effort will be appreciated. We need windows, plywood, 1x wood, shingles and paint (white exterior).

Please post on this thread or on the connections thread if you feel that you have something to contribute, and watch these two threads for a date for the workday.

Thanks in advance!

Res

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 12087
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any idea on the date(s) you're looking at?

Plymouthres

Post Number: 860
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Possibly third fourth week of September? We need a bit of lead time to set things up, but I should know by September 1st. I will post no later than that.

Thanks Jt1!

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 535
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Res, now i can confuse and annoy people in 3 parts of det yes.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Count me in, I'm going to make if it at all possible, and if it's a weekend, it's a sure thing. Can you make a list of exactly what you need - maybe a wish list? I can't contribute tons monetarily but I'll bring something - but it would make sense to have a Chopin Liszt of stuff.

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 303
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Res: See my notes on the other thread...if I can't be there to actually help do work, I will be able to contribute somehow.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 863
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DV and Blue-

I'm counting on the goodness of folks just like you guys to help us out and you have made my night! I will post a list of needs tomorrow as I got to go to bed to get some sleep. 4am comes pretty quick and I got to drive 200 miles again tomorrow, so I will pick up tomorrow night after I get home around 7 or so.

I am stopping to get the shingles tomorrow from CL so I will report when I get back in!

Thanks a ton to all of you! You guys are the greatest, and I will sleep well tonight knowing that Django will have a nice place for the winter!

Peace to all,

Res

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.