Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Detroit-based pharma company hires 500+ « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Youngprofessionaldetroiter
Username: Youngprofessionaldetroiter

Post Number: 169
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Caraco has hired 500+ employees in the last 3 years. They are located in the New Center area. Any one familiar enough with the company to do a profile on how they've beomce successful, why they chose to base themselves in the city, how they've overcome challenges of locating in the city?

YPD

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1590
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think they've grown with good management and by being in a growth industry.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3410
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Don't forget the merger with Sun Pharmacheuticals (spelling).

If you go to the site & read the corporate history of the company, they were in fact struggling before the consolidation.

(Message edited by DetroitRise on August 16, 2008)

Lnfant
Username: Lnfant

Post Number: 112
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they appear to be involved with the generic drug manufacturing biz

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1111
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder what percentage of that total is in India - but I think part of it is that they sell a product that people don't ever have to come to their HQ for. Reps go out and sell products, then distributors deliver it - not to mention it's a national if not international market, so regional bias doesn't play into it.

Maybe that's the ticket.

(Message edited by digitalvision on August 16, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.