Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Cool business idea for entrepreneurs « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detmsp
Username: Detmsp

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://pedalpub.com/

It's a 16 seat mobile bar that's powered by pedals! You see these things all the time in the twin cities and look like a blast. It would be cool to see them pedalin around the cbd in detroit

"The PedalPub, LLC ™ was created
in the Netherlands by brothers Zwier
and Henk van Laar as the
Fietscafe®, and we are pleased to
be the sole distributor for the
PedalPub in North America, Central
America and the Caribbean."

"PedalPub, LLC is looking to expand in premier locations throughout North and Central America and the Caribbean. If you are interested in a fun and profitable business opportunity, please contact us"

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems very interesting...

And also something someone would think of when they're high....

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13760
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dunno, they went to the trouble of smashing windows to get to liquor at the next-door Thai restaurant...

Nainrouge
Username: Nainrouge

Post Number: 2862
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that this might be a little trouble to market when we have "open container" laws in most areas of the country.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 975
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it does look basically amazing

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8182
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is absurd. I want one.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 978
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would love take this contraption to the Green Cruise in Fenrdale...Also up the bike lanes on Hilton...

Knowing my friends we would not make it too far from our starting point. Why pedal when you can sit and drink. the pump for the keg should be tied into the pedaling in some way.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8185
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Also up the bike lanes on Hilton...

LOL I really don't think it will fit in a bike lane. But the visual is hilarious.

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3665
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What Nainrouge said:

quote:

Can I drink alcohol on the PedalPub? Yes.

Yes, while on private property with the owner’s approval. (Your driveway, your yard, while tailgating, restaurant/bar parking lots, campgrounds, etc.)

Yes while riding on the PedalPub in Minnesota! A change to Minnesota State Law effective May 16, 2008 allows passengers aboard the PedalPub to consume alcohol while aboard the PedalPub.

Detmsp
Username: Detmsp

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there is an open container law in minnesota too. but i heard something about how the pedalpub had to be classified as a "party bus" to allow alcohol. not sure if that would be possible in MI

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1665
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring it to petition drives offering .05 cent beer.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 413
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This would be a cool idea for those Preservation Wayne walking tours... You can cover a lot more tour area on a bike

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2409
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pedalpub in the cbd?

If it has any copper or aluminum I wouldn't turn my back on it for long.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1471
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe on Belle Isle, or the Riverwalk?

It really seems like sort of an eyesore to me. I don't think I like this one. Strange, I usually like the crazy and bizarre. For some reason this one turns me off though.

I do love the swim up bars at the water parks though. LOL!

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1668
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like fun to me.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1693
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone remember the WC Fields bar wagon in a movie he had while walking around? My dad thought that was hilarious.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1404
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tour de Troit?

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 379
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent idea, Raptor. I'll mention it... ;-)

After a few drinks, I'd be a more interesting guide...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.