Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Sweetest Heart Of Mary Pierogi Festival this weekend « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 776
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sweetest Heart of Mary Pierogi Festival this weekend saturday and sunday. Russell and Canfield. Cold beer, Polka music, chicken dinners,pierogi dinners, things for the kids to do. Its a great time. weather should be good

Gingellgirl
Username: Gingellgirl

Post Number: 191
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And the best part . . . The Polish Muslims are playing. They're on Sunday at about 4:00 till 8:00.

T-shirts and babushkas will be available.

http://sweetestheartofmary.org /

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

anyone have an idea of what the prices are like on the food?

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 777
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think 7 dollars for chicken dinner,dont quote me. they might have it on the SHOM website

Professorjackson
Username: Professorjackson

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A real polka band, Pan Franek and Zosia are playing on Saturday. Great tunes, fiddle-playing, and awesome Polish vocals.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have not been to this but I hope to check it out Sunday. How late does it go? I am taking my gf to the Tigers game...

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 550
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sat 1-9
Sun 12-8

Foosie
Username: Foosie

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought I saw the same post on august 6. Oh well. I guess that poster wasn't one of the cool kids. LOL

Ddaydave
Username: Ddaydave

Post Number: 549
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stopped in had a a few Pierogi's saw The Polish Muslims went in side the church and was wowed they sure don't make buildings like that anymore . Dave

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 730
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Dave, i was there also. Big guy orange shirt couldn't miss me. Lol!

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 565
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We just got home, it was a great time! After chowing down on some saurkraut pierogi (all that was left, that's what we get for showing up late) we watched the Polish Muslims, I got a kick out of the old couple dancing away. We had a couple beers, checked the BEAUTIFUL church out, and took the kids for a bounce in the moonwalk. Of course we bought a dozen potato pierogi to take home. It was really nice :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.