Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Bridging the Divide - Home & Garden Tour « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jb3
Username: Jb3

Post Number: 446
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello DetroitYessers! With all of the recent discussion about regionalism and the suburb vs. city divide, i thought i'd reach out to everyone for some help with an event the the Great Lakes Urban Exchange (GLUE) is hosting.

(what is GLUE? - http://gluespace.wordpress.com /about/)

On September 20th, we are planning a Home Tour (possibly Garden, it will be the end of Sept. after all) along the Livernois corridor starting in Fashionable Ferndale and ending at the beautiful University of Detroit Mercy Campus. The University has agreed to keep a signature exposition open for us on that day as well as exhibiting some of the amazing work the Detroit Design Collaborative has been doing for the city.

This event will be in conjunction with Ferndale's Art Show and DIY Street Fair.

What we need from you! We need homes to tour! We have a full day lined up with Bicycle tours and scavenger hunts along the Corridor and we could also use some volunteers to ride around on Bikes to help everyone feel comfortable. But we most especially need some homes to take a look at to help people understand the character, the history and the charm of Detroit neighborhoods.

If you or anyone you know is amiable to opening their house anywhere along the Livernois corridor or in close proximity to it, please respond to this thread and i'll post an email address for you.

We are all very excited about breaking down the 8 mile divide and see this as an amazing opportunity to do so. Please help.

Sincerely,

JB3

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.