Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Major Accident on I-94 in SCS « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 408
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 1:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Living on the st Clair Shores Golf Course, I heard a few screatch, crash, boom, crunches on the freeway around 1:00am (right as I was about to get in bed). Followed my some more of the same a couple minutes later. Called in the noise to the State Police figuring it was an accident on I-94. Police showed up surprisingly fast, however the trees on the golf course which pleasently muffle the freeway noise are currently blocking my view of the accident scene. The freeway has been closed down on the eastbounds side for awhile now (I'd hate to be the 30 cars or so that are stuck waiting on the closed freeway at the accident site). To make matters more interesting, a police car has been driving around the golf course with search lights on looking for someone. Anybody hear any more details about what happened and why the cops are driving over the fairways and now my street?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2640
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guess most media resources are dedicated to "what is Kwame doing at this moment?" segments. Not enough importance to talk about a multi-car accident. What percentage of the "top stories" on http://www.wxyz.com/ should be about the mayor's current troubles?

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 735
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this may be what you're asking about.

http://www.macombdaily.com/sto ries/080808/loc_breaknews2.sht ml

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.