Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Speculations on an end to this mess.... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 471
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that the media and the Feds have this snowball rollin downhill, I would be interested in hearing fellow posters opinions on when we can expect this mess to end.... i.e. convictions and sentencing. Even the book that details the entire story line.

Don't hold back. Consider Kwame, Bernhard, City Council, DPS, Blobby Faguson, etc.

The sooner the better, but we all know how red tape works

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1533
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who will play Kwame in the film version of the book?

Tkshreve

Post Number: 472
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there's a thread on that already.^^^^

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1759
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If polls show Michigan remains in a dead heat for the presidential race by September, this will be resolved before the November election. The Kilpatrick clan is killing Obama's chances here. I'm a little surprised his campaign hasn't tried to nip this in the bud more aggressively yet. If Michigan starts to swing blue as it normally does, the national dems will leave it alone and this whole thing will drag out to midway or even late 2009.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm picturing:

Kwame with a machine gun and a grenade launcher as the feds storm the Manoogian...

"SAY HELLO TO MA LITTLE FRIEN!

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 248
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't worry about the book...I've got that covered. A couple of them, actually. ;-)

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 249
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My take on this is the scandal is winding down. It's going to end in a whimper, instead of a bang.

MHO

Richard_bak
Username: Richard_bak

Post Number: 205
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a feeling you're right---some sort of plea deal, leave office and we'll leave you alone kind of arrangement.

Maxdetroit
Username: Maxdetroit

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The important thing is to get him out of office ASAP and set about exterminating the rodents in the council chamber and at DPS. I'm positive Kwame will not run next year. He's finished and will have to find another way to make a living. I predict they move out of state for awhile and Carlita quietly divorces him after they're out of the spotlight.

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 542
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that it could become a national story.

I also think that once everyone is taken care of, that it can be spun into a "Detroit's real problem has been politics, and now Detroit has been fixed and the real renaissance will begin" type thing (which I think could be true if enough politicians get taken out).

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6187
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Max, funny, I actually think if ousted he's not above running again. If it's an ousting not undertaken by the citizens (the recall), I can see him running again, and winning. If the recall is allowed to take its course (and it won't be), there'd be no way he could get back in, at least not in the forseeable future.

Tkshreve

Post Number: 476
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One step closer

Lghart
Username: Lghart

Post Number: 122
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

National story....it's actually international, my girlfriend in Moscow asked me about it a couple of months ago...and she doesn't even follow politics that closely anywhere...US news gets broadcasted everywhere, this whole thing is intriguing in it's own right as technology(messaging) is the crux of the evidence...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.