Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Virtual Motor City---photo database « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Anniedawg25
Username: Anniedawg25

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/ i/image/image-idx?c=vmc;page=index

I found this link today.....of course it's distracting me from the research I should be doing for class. LOL

But, it's got a ton of very old photos from in/around Detroit and Michigan.
Definatley pretty neat.

Sorry if it's been posted before!

If the link doesnt work, just google "virtual motor city"

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3423
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a standard reference source for nearly all of us, Annie, and it's been referred to many times on this site.

Not to worry....I'm glad you found it. It is amazing, isn't it?

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would you believe I have never seen it?

LOL!

Thank you!

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 422
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They could use some more 19th century photos. Good site, though.

Gary
Username: Gary

Post Number: 301
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love that site and use it regularly, the folks at WSU have done a marvelous job in compiling those pictures. I only wish the descriptions of the photos were more thorough.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1500
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for posting the linkage (again), Anniedawg25. That site is a good distraction for me when I start getting too retarded from posting here.

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 2038
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For many turn of the century photos of Detroit, have a look at the Detroit Publishing Co's archives at the Library of Congress.

http://rs6.loc.gov/detroit/det home.html

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1595
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's up online is just a fraction of what the Reuther Library has, which comprises old negatives from both the Detroit Times, and the Detroit News.

Savannah
Username: Savannah

Post Number: 62
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If anyone has any pix of Lincoln Jr High on nine mile or Ferndale High that they could post, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.