Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » SHREK Incident? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Roadmaster49
Username: Roadmaster49

Post Number: 60
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see mention of this topic in several threads. What are you guys talking about --> Shrek Incident?

Fill an Iowan in or direct me to the main post. Thanks

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4608
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YZQLxVO-qjM

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13323
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roady,

You cannot take ONE day off from our Peyton Place series...heh.

Cheers

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2671
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah, this thread is going to be good. :-)

Roadmaster49

Post Number: 61
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Lilpup.

I checked out some of the related YouTube videos. The LeDuff interview with Monica. Is that guy for real? Was that a real interview?

Funny and sad at the same time.

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 396
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LeDuff is half journalist, half crocked.
He and The News (not to mention the Freep) can't figure out if they're news or entertainment. IMO, LeDuff's a really talented dude who's squandering it.

Detx
Username: Detx

Post Number: 166
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LeDuff is the most exciting young journalist in Detroit. His humourous take on Detroit corruption really speaks to a younger audience.

"Control ya house!" - Monica Conyers

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 781
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sPpzqTF4K-Q&NR=1

My favorite little student! Kierra!

Revaldullton
Username: Revaldullton

Post Number: 1003
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh my god

thanx for the laugh.

the good rev

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1413
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not everyone thought having a local radio station guy dress up as Shrek was in good taste. The filmmaker has some pointed words at the merry mirth makers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8ET0IsgRFL4

Jrvass

Post Number: 783
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, wasn't that enlightening boys & girls?

In spite of all we've learned about city council's bad manners towards each other and alleged sludge-contract bribes. Mayoral cover-ups involving hotel sheets, and wrongful dismissal police lawsuits. Public schools edging towards state takeover.

Suburbanites cannot exercise their rights to free speech and protest under the 1st amendment to the Constitution without being harassed and called "crackers". Happy Independence Day.

If I could wave a magic wand, and divorce the suburbs from the city, I'll bet you a pretty house on a lake to a cookie that Detroit would fail miserably before the suburbs felt a pinch.

Exhibit A. are the clowns who made the video above. A couple of Kwame Stooges.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 914
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

god bless america!

Flyingj
Username: Flyingj

Post Number: 251
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, I think the proper Internet term for that clip is "LOLwhut?" or "another kill for the Gods"

Roadmaster49

Post Number: 62
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kierra? Was that her name? That girl is headed for glory. She held her own with Monica, never wavered, spoke calmly and made her point. I can see her in a leadership role someday.

That 2nd video. I was OK with it until "Cracker" and motherf**ker f bombs and that guy comes on with a cigar hanging out of his mouth.

That interview with the kid was just stupid. But hey, we live in America and it is free speech.

I don't know - I kind of like Monica from what I have seen. My few snippets, I can't tell if she is part of the solution or part of the problem.

Jrvass

Post Number: 785
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 3:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roadmaster,

Perhaps that sums up the feeling of the city as a whole. I have my opinions which I don't want to taint you with. You are an interesting test case for the uninformed of the city due to your geographical proximity and lack of news.

Had this news broke a few weeks earlier, Dad would've had reason to live a little longer. McLame vs Tweedle-Dee or Tweedle-Dum wasn't enough to keep him going until 11/4/08.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.