Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Goose Lake Music Festival « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 791
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice piece on Goose Lake in the Metro Times today. Anybody go to it? I'd like to hear your recollections. I was a bit young, but still planned to hitchhike there with some friends, but I was grounded that week by my parents. I never forgave them for causing me to miss it.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 9211
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a lot of fun.

We've had a few threads about it in the past.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 267
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, it was a great article. I didn't have a car back then so Goose Lake was inaccessible to me. Beside, I went to the RnR Revival at the State Fair in late May '69 and saw quite a variety of musical acts then.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 299
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 4:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes I was there. Don't remember much though, go figure.

14509glenfield
Username: 14509glenfield

Post Number: 1787
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 8:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

State Fair provided lot of Motown in the mid and late 60's.

Goose Lake...I was there...I think!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.