Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Music Industry Improvements for Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13230
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 1:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you could do ANYTHING to help improve the music business in this town, what would you do?

What is wrong with current venues, attitudes, marketing...or what is right with them?

Who does it best, in your opinion? Who screws it up most?

How do you find out about the performances YOU end up enjoying? What avenues of marketing seem to reach you successfully?

I'm mostly considering LIVE performances, but broadcast and recording/sales, too.

I'm sitting on a committee that is considering these things, and am curious if the e-thinktank potential of our DetroitYES community can be tapped, then distilled, to provide feedback to this group.

Are there any individuals who seem to always be the leaders in your favorite musical genre, or better yet transcendent of genre or venue or marketing/reporting? We may need them at our table, this discussion is just beginning, and we certainly do NOT have all the players present.

I promise to keep you posted as well as I can, as long as the committee allows.

Cooper
Username: Cooper

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What committee? For who or what organization?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13232
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What does that matter for the time being?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.