Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Cockrels' Chief Of Staff Takes Cash On Tape « Previous Next »
Archive through June 29, 2008Vas30 06-29-08  8:04 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 951
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

VERY SHOCKED...we had a whole thread about KCJ and his staff two weeks ago and I NEVER SAW THIS COMING.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13203
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G,

That's why you think I'm overspeaking, I'm talking about the whole deal, not just one aspect of it.

So...when you heard the rumors, did they already have the Wendell Anthony links and that little ditty about the fellow on staff with the creepy-sounding company who also happens to be simultaneously appointed to the head of the state transportation department? Not exactly a conflict of interest, but curious that he ranks high enough to be placed by another McNamara crony. Co-incidence?! heh

I dunno...I'm still saying ML Elrick and Jim Schaefer are two of the gutsiest and spot-on journalists in our town.

They help root out this corruption, I'll lobby the Pulitzer committee myself!

Gplimpton
Username: Gplimpton

Post Number: 197
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No disagreement, they're among the cream of the crop.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1471
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just think it's very sad that this is how things keep getting done. Is this the only way these people know how to do business. I don't believe Cockrel would do this crap, at least not for a few thousand.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 412
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could someone explain where exactly KCJ was indicated in this entire situation? I thought it was his chief of staff and not him. I ain't gonna lie...... I skimmed.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4567
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It isn't about him, though some will spin like hell to try to make it be.

Westsiiiide
Username: Westsiiiide

Post Number: 64
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Explain what you mean Lilpup about when referring to me as "my usual self" and also, "It isn't about him, though some will spin like hell to make it be."

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 7080
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Westsiiiide, maybe this will make it self explanatory...

quote:

Looks like he votes no on things and to keep the heat off himself, bribes the others to vote yes.

Is that just your OPINION... or can you point to a reference source to back this up as FACT?

(Message edited by Gistok on June 30, 2008)

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 65
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Ken Jr. planned the censure of Kilpatrick, but was advised by Goodman not to vote in the affirmative as it would be a conflict of interest. It's not cut & dry because someone votes no. In other words, just because a council person votes no, doesn't mean that they are against the issue.

(Message edited by Westsiiiide on June 30, 2008)

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 66
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Myself, and three other former KCJ employees have been on three way talking about this for the last couple of days. I can't reveal too many details as not to disclose my identify for fear of retaliation, but we do not believe that John Clark, the chief of staff, made an independent decision to take a bribe alone. He doesn't make a move without the boss's approval, remember, you can be fired from that office for the smallest thing. And you notice, he wan't fired either. Hate to be on a different than everyone, but it is just something that I had to say.
I really hope that it isn't Ken Cockrel Jr. myself, because like Kwame, he is a brilliant man, who is capable of a bright future in politics. But he isn't as pure a the fresh snow, or however, that sayings goes.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 266
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 3:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not fired? Opting for a quiet resignation after the boss is shown tapes of you accepting illicit funds pretty much looks like "fired" from where I'm standing..
Seems like most folks who screw the pooch in the public eye are given the option of falling on their own sword rather than a simple termination.

"Well, Ken Jr. planned the censure of Kilpatrick, but was advised by Goodman not to vote in the affirmative as it would be a conflict of interest."

What could be more correct or fair than that? As Council President, it's his sworn duty to remove a crooked mayor..yet if he were to vote on the matter, it could be wrongly presumed to be for political gains. Rather than buckle under pressure to appear PC, Cockrel did the right thing, at least IMHO.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 548
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He should have been fired publicly. No chance for a sugar coated resignation. If he (KCJ) was on the up and up that should have been so. Show us beyond all doubt that this bull---t is unacceptable.

Lilpup

Post Number: 4570
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub, that's not the way it works in politics. An offer to let the person resign always comes first. If the person fails to resign then they get fired. It's one of the ways good politics is kept civil. A great example is former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, who resigned seven days after being revealed as a customer of a prostitution ring vs. Kwame Kilpatrick, who has multiple felony charges brought against him but still won't go away.

New York has moved forward smoothly after what amounted to a small speed bump since Spitzer got out of the way while Detroit's going nowhere.

Cub

Post Number: 549
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit needs a change in how politics work.

Lilpup

Post Number: 4571
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also remember, a resignation does not excuse anyone from criminal charges (see Christine Beatty as an example).

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You say "What could be more correct or fair than that?" KCJ is not fair. He doesn' care. If JC was fired, KCJ would have said "You're fired." Thats the kind of guy he is. Thats what anybody who worked for him knows. Thats what is so different about this. I posted the article when he fired an employee who later sued him.(For taking off too much sick time) That is his MO.

You have not backed up your statements with any facts or news articles.

But I will save my debate until after the revelations of these wiretaps from the FBI.

Higgs1634
Username: Higgs1634

Post Number: 558
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

...because like Kwame, he is a brilliant man..

I can think of a lot of words to describe Kwame. Entitled, spoiled, narcissistic, greedy, petty, ignorant... I mean I could probably go on all day. However, "Brilliant" would not be one of them.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 68
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So Higgs1634, I agree with all of the negative adjectives you use to describe Kwame as well. He is those and more, but he isa eloquent speaker and "brilliant" for getting himself elected as Mayor of the City of Detroit.

I am of the small minority of people who never voted for KK.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The FBI has clearly stated that Mr. Cockrel is not a target of the investigation. This is an investigation that has been ongoing for many months. That statement should end the speculation as to whether Mr. Clark was accepting money or somehow otherwise acting improperly on behalf of Mr. Cockrel. The FBI will not issue such statements if there is even a slight chance that the subject person might become a target. If their investigation yielded Mr. Clark, who was Mr. Cockrel's closest aide, and they issue a non-target statement about Mr. Cockrel, there is very little chance that Mr. Cockrel has done something improper.

Cub

Post Number: 550
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not saying Mr. Cockrel has done anything improper. All I am saying is what better way to distance himself from this than to fire Mr. Clark? Instead of a resignation. I believe that would have been more in order.

Gannon

Post Number: 13210
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Brilliant' may still fit, but that doesn't make him a saint or superhuman.

He is human, made some mistakes, and chose to HIDE rather than confront them.

Same story from the Garden of Eden onwards.

There is hope for him, yet, as my neighbor and I were talking about last night.

The longer he waits to repent, the larger the potential penalty...NOW would be the time to apply some of that God-gifted brilliance, Kwhyme!

Higgs1634

Post Number: 560
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"brilliant" for getting himself elected as Mayor of the City of Detroit.

Did he get himself elected or did Bernard, the McNamara machine, Momma, those with financial interests, and an uneducated electorate have more to do with it?

Kwame no more "got himself" elected anymore than GWB did.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1606
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So...this guy is taking bribes for votes, and you think Cockrel isn't involved? Excusemoi?

So people are seeking this guy out and giving him money so that Ken Cockerel will vote a certain way. Sounds like it's been a successful operation. Meaning...votes are being cast due to money being paid. Doesn't that make sense? If people are paying bribes...and keep doing it, then they are getting something for their money.

All I'm saying is where there's smoke there's fire sometimes. I have no information that Cockrel is guilty, but all of you who jump at any chance to slam anyone remotely associated with Kwame because "you KNOW" he's corrupt, should at least allow an investigation to play out. Not dismiss it.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3387
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While the allegations surrounding this are astounding, there are critical questions that should be asked.

Quinn's comment leads me to raise this point:

Clark was recorded taking cash; but Cockrel voted no to Synagro.

So if Cockrel was in on it, why the no vote? Or Conversely, if Clark was payed to influence Cockrel, how come it didnt work?

Does anyone have a clue?

Higgs1634

Post Number: 561
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^ Uh, typical incompetence? The city council cant even run a cash for votes scam correctly?

Lilpup

Post Number: 4575
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe Clark was picking the $$ up for Conyers. She and Reeves are the two who changed their votes.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 231
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just like the way council members hire each others friends and relatives so no one can claim nepotism.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3388
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its not how council works Lilpup. Clark couldnt do anything for Reeves or Conyers of that sort, as staffers are not in regular contact with other councilmembers...

Looking for more clues....

Lilpup

Post Number: 4576
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're obviously not talking in an official capacity here, Zulu.

Gannon

Post Number: 13216
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do NOT think bribes are paid ONLY if a vote goes a certain way, they can be paid to exert INFLUENCE and that may not work with a person of integrity...even if someone in his employ has sold theirs out.

There are dozens of ways this could've played out.

IF Cockrel is tainted, even IF he had a minor lapse in judgement (as this certainly sounds out-of-character SO FAR as I've learned about him, Westsiiide's insider information notwithstanding...thanks for that, btw), he could've seen from his vantage at the leadership of Council how the other votes were cast and saved his last-minute NO to cover his butt if it wasn't needed to seal the deal.

That would've been...um...brilliant of him.

I want to believe that he is above this, and simply a harsh taskmaster (hence the reports from Westsiiide and the agreement from those he three-ways with on the phone), but I will NOT simply accept that anyone is above the fray.

There is almost NO wiggle room, though, for those in Kwhyme's camp...and when their association runs deep into the very dirty McNamara group it is a near certainty that they will smell up any operation they enter.

I have reserved 'some' doubt for those pastors who have continued their allegiance with him, though, as I told my neighbor last night. But it seems pretty clear the closer you look, that anyone still along his side is there because they don't trust him at their backside.

Cheers, all, in this curious twisting tale.

REMEMBER always that there are very dirty $700-per-hour consultants and lawyers on Kwhyme's side capable of doing whatever it takes to keep his fat, unrepentant ass in power.

My neighbor thinks Kwhyme's a closet Republican, anyways...

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 578
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guess which councilperson didn't show up for work today?

Dtrain
Username: Dtrain

Post Number: 59
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So if KC is somehow linked to this and booted out for corruption and KK is somehow removed, are we looking at Monica Conyers as the next mayor?

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 967
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Disappointing...

Lilpup

Post Number: 4577
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

more likely KC not involved, Conyers gets booted, KC becomes Mayor, Watson probably becomes Council Pres., and the city has a chance to get back on the right track

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 310
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Lilpup

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like your prediction Lilpup, I honestly do.

I will say that I hope I am wrong about what I said about KCJ, because It is embarrassing to see another Detroit African American politician in still another corruption investigation.

Perhaps it's not KC, maybe John Clark's Chief of Staff position went to his head. I don't know. I do know that John told all of who were under him that "KCJ will never fire me, I have too much on him."
And he wasn't fired.
I do know what conclusion to come to if any.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6078
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why would anyone be giving KC the benefit of the doubt? I think it would take an unhealthy level of rationalization that KC had absolutely no knowledge of what his chief-of-staff was doing. As Cheeks said, you don't just get anywhere in Detroit by coming.

BTW, what does KC (or anyone for that matter) being African American have to do with anything? What, would it be better/less destructive if Shelia Cockrel was involved in all of this?

(Message edited by lmichigan on July 01, 2008)

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 70
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No it doesn't matter what race the politician is. As a Detroiter, I am embarrassed, but what I am saying it is a shock and embarrassment for an African American Detroiter as well.

I have much respect for Sheila Cockrel. I believe that Sheila Cockrel is one of the best Councilperson's in this city. I believe in her and everything that she stands for. I don't believe she would EVER be involved in any type of corruption. NEVER.

I am embarrased for the African American race because of the latest scandals in Detroit in the last century have been involved by African Americans. I am sure that Caucasion Detroiter were shocked and embarrased in 1938, when the White mayor was convicted of accepting bribes for protecting a number's organization in Detroit.

But to change the subject, did anyone see the latest in which Fauchon Stinger is involved in this City Council/Synargo FBI investigation. It seems that Fauchon is no administrative leave because she is romantically involved with Rayford Jackson.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/16757851/detail.html
If you cannot open the link, go to www.clickondetroit.com
"More suspended in Federal Probe.

Lmichigan

Post Number: 6079
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Given that Detroit is over 80% African American, it's almost a given that any scandal will probably involve African Americans. In a city as mono-racial as Detroit (and as a former black resident, as a child, myself) one should take for granted the race of the leadership. This should reflect badly upon i/{city leadership}, alone, and should not be a referendum on any and every black politician that's ever existed. Their race is irrelevant to me, and we have to stop falling into the trap some racist purposefully fall into of trying to get all to view city troubles as exclusively black troubles.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lmichigan,
I am also African American
I am embarrassed and shocked with the recent scandals involving some of the people who were voted into office in this City. I'm not saying that being Black prediposes one to corruption.
That is an assumption that you must have of yourself. I am proud of who I am, However, it is hard to continue to be proud of one's self when you are:
1) A former City of Detroit Government employee
2) An African American
3) A City of Detroit resident.(born in Detroit)

And continue to read year after year, public corruption in your City. Because that is what I feel, that this is my home.

Detroit City Government has been corrupt many years before the City was 80% African American, but has continued for at least 20 years. This is another issue that I have a problem with and that is people who want to say that everything is just great, when its not. I don't know about you but I still live in the City of Detroit. The quality of life here sucks.
I am not going to say if I am a male or female. I do belive that poverty, racism,lack of education, and economics has an impact on crime, corruption, greed, and ethics.

If you were on a radio station, and told the audience that you were from Detroit, do you think you would get a negative reaction? Would you be angry for that also.

I see you moved from Detroit, if everything was just great here, why did you move?

(Message edited by Westsiiiide on July 01, 2008)

Lmichigan

Post Number: 6081
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My comment wasn't really directed at you in particular, and it was most certainly not meant to come across as malicious, so sorry if you read it that way. My reaction was simply meant to get across my point that this should be viewed as a case of political corruption, and not give any unintended audience any fire power to make it about anything else. You have every right to be angry, and tired of being tired, etc...but I'd hope people would direct their anger carefully and appropriately. I'm assuming you're older than me, and if that's the case, it may be a generational difference, but my generation is much less beholden to the views concerning race of the previous generations. I don't look at someone like Kilpatrick and instantly think to myself "he's a disgrace to the African American community." I view him first and foremost as a mayor, a once promising politician, and a disgrace to Detroit who just so happens to be black.

As for my background with the city, I lived with my mom and sibling at Rosa Parks and Clairmont for my first five years where it was not extremely rare to find bullet holes in our townhouse, and where at a very young age (some of my earliest memories) we had gun drills when we heard shots at night. So, I didn't move anywhere; we moved. In many ways, times were much more dire during these times in terms of public safety.

Again, I think you may have read me incorrectly, and I'm sorry if I came across like a jerk.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 916
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

BTW, what does KC (or anyone for that matter) being African American have to do with anything? What, would it be better/less destructive if Shelia Cockrel was involved in all of this?

Race does matter, because we're already seeing the race card get played in an attempt to win sympathy amongst black Detroiters and spin this as a "witch hunt" by whites against black politicians:
http://www.wxyz.com/content/ne ws/investigators/story.aspx?co ntent_id=8f429a76-6dad-4be7-8c cf-f9cb5009116e

Here's what Fanchon Stinger's POS criminal boyfriend, Rayford Jackson, had to say: “It looks like the federal government is trying to take down every black public official in the city of Detroit.”

When in doubt, play the race card. It's like a play straight our of the Kwame Kilpatrick playbook.

And then of course there is Sam Riddle's "keepin' it real" ghettotude:

"I told them to go f--- themselves," Riddle said Tuesday over a bowl of oatmeal. He laughed. "If you want to indict my black a--, then indict me...I'm not a snitch. You wear a wire in this town, any town, and you're done."

Ahhh Detroit, two steps forward, TEN steps back.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1481
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Sam Riddle speaks the truth about that.
Too bad is what they don't understand is that if they let crap like this go on, Detroit is done. Good business people like honest people. Otherwise you won't do business with dishonest people you don't trust. Very short sighted outlook.

Gannon

Post Number: 13308
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 5:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And THAT, Westsiiiide, is dangerously close to calling Lmich a name.

Don't want you banned, you've already proven some worth from the inside, and that is increasingly rare as this story develops.

Sounds like KC might've fired you for just cause...although resourceful and persistent, you've got a mean streak.

No wonder you noticed HIS...

Please refrain from this sort of bashing, it really does NOTHING for our discussion.

Can't we all just get along?

(I guess I don't want trollers perusing MY past posts, either! Take some comments out of the greater context of ANY old discussion and you could assemble quite the indictment on anyone.)

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1561
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sam seemed to backtrack a bit on the "no snitching" thing last night on Fox 2. He said he never saw the councilwoman do anything improper, and I believe he implied he'd be honest if he did.

Hmmm, which is it?

Lilpup

Post Number: 4601
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's an attorney, isn't he? He's obligated to report any known wrongdoing unless he, too, wants to land in front of the attorney grievance commission, if not worse.

Higgs1634

Post Number: 565
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I'm sure any "attorney" on council or in a support role REALLY loses sleep over what the grievance commission might do.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 53
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lilpup:

I don't know whether Sam Riddle is an attorney (if he is, he's not licensed in Michigan), but the rules of professional conduct merely require attorneys to report significant violations of the rules by another attorney, and not wrongdoing in general.

In this case, while Monica Conyers has a law degree from someplace or anther, I recall hearing that she never passed a bar exam.

Either way, she's definitely not licensed in Michigan either. So as far as the Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission is concerned, she's not an attorney since, in Michigan, an attorney is considered to be someone who is a member of the state bar. Also, since she's not licensed, they would be powerless to discipline her anyway.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 314
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it was Sam Riddles' way of saying please leave me the hell alone. I think they shook him down so long, he doesn't want to go through that again. Phone taps, his bank records, and whatever else they tried to do to get him to talk about Monica Conyers.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 80
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To Gannon;
For your information, before I left the employee of Ken Cockrel, we parted on good terms and he informed me of the respect he has for me. I really respect Ken Cockrel Jr., and Yes, KCJ and I both agreed that it was best that I leave his employ. I exposed a flaw with his COS John Clark, John stayed, I had to go. Thats why this scandal is personal to me.

I didn't start this thread, I only wanted to let other know my feelings about myself as a Detroiter, African American, and City Employee.

I did apologize to Lmichigan for anything that I said that may have offended him, but he still wanted to continue with the argument afterwards.

(Message edited by Westsiiiide on July 03, 2008)

Gannon

Post Number: 13320
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoa, you were canned and the fellow who JUST caught a bribe publicly stayed...probably because he was family.

I respect your steadfastness, I was just giving you grief on your apparent mean-ness...and warning you that name-calling is on the moderators short list for removal from posting ability.

Good catch and I understand the frustration when folk want to keep fighting after a topic is dead (I'm as guilty of it as the next here), thanks for the further explanation.

I owe you at least a drink if and when we ever cross paths...IF you drink!

Cheers, sincerely.

Lmichigan

Post Number: 6091
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, Westside wanted to continue fighting after I'd stopped responding to him/her, and unlike my apology, which was genuine, his/her's was backhanded, and then went on (after I was through responding to trolling) to dredge up months/years-old posts having no idea of who I am, or how I may have changed since then. I hope, Gannon, you do not understand the frustration of a troll, and dredging up old post after someone has apologized to you is classic trolling.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Gannon,I was thinking the same thing, about meeting you and having a drink. But I want to wait until this City Council Scandal is over. I am working someplace else, and have never been without employment after I left KCJ. I'll tell you when I meet you one day. I don't miss City Government at all.

I am really quiet, and KCJ and I have never had any words, or arguments. I find some of the people on this forum really mean to me, but I can take up for myself, I can give a good debate.

But Gannon, you are exactly right, John Clark is KCJ's wife's cousin. And everybody knows that his wife runs that office. I heard that his wife went to China, when they were there when the Mayor scandal broke. They say that she took over the meetings. This is common knowledge.

That is why I made the statement months ago, that I could not see KCJ being the Mayor because there was so much descension in the staff before I got there. There were some people who had been on his staff from the very beginning, that John Clark suggested that KCJ fire. People with law degrees, MBA's, etc. There is only one employee who has been with him for less than 5 years.

How can he run the Mayor's office, when he can't run a smaller council staff, and can't keep his council members together. Thats all I'm saying.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 917
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And Sam Riddle is on Fox 2 News right now, comparing the FBI investigation of the sludge contract to J Edgar Hoover's investigation of black Civil Rights leaders in the 1960's.

I don't care if the man took bribes or not, he's a POS. Like I said, expect to see the race card get played A LOT in the upcoming weeks. None of the city officials are guilty, it's all a witch hunt perpetrated by Whitey to bring down Detroit's proud black leadership.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 82
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be glad when all these scandal's are over, but it seems as soon as one ends, another one begins. It is just too much.

Can't wait to sell my house.

I wish they would go ahead and name the alleged Council members who are taking the bribes.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.