Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Rafal Spice Company « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Donald51
Username: Donald51

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rafal Spice Company is alive and well. After a truly rough beginning of the year business is starting to pick up. Shelves, jars and kegs are slowly being restocked. A heartfelt THANK YOU to all our loyal customers and friends. We can not survive without your support.
Sincerely,
Donald Rafal

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7325
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Donald, is Detroit Spice Co. still making product?

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 669
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Don! Welcome to the forum! We will be stopping by. You remember my brother in law. He is the one that you had you get a new front door years ago.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13108
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheers, Mr. Rafal.

This is certainly great news.

You will see me next Saturday when the coffee jar is empty.

Good to see you here, this is one self-promotion that Lowell will certainly let end-run around the rules!

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 889
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank goodness. I need to restock on alot of spices. I will be by soon.

Donald51
Username: Donald51

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Spice Company Spices currently available:
Mexicantown Blend, Middle Eastern Blend, Steak Seasoning Blend, 92 Octane (Cayenne) Hot Sauce, and 97 Octane (Jalapeno) Hot Sauce.
Greektown Blend, Jerk Seasoning Blend, Barbecue Blend, and Racing Fuel (Habanero) Hot Sauce are not available at this time.

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 748
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Don! This news makes my day!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7327
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Donald!

Davemarc
Username: Davemarc

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Donald,I have fond memories of the amazing smell when you walk in your store! It is an cornerstone of the market!

Funaho
Username: Funaho

Post Number: 54
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good to hear!

I was in there a few weeks ago during my yearly garden stocking trip to the market, and I was a bit worried at how bare things looked. I'm glad things are picking up. Rafal's has become a tradition for me and my family and you'd be sorely missed if you had to close up shop.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 742
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A trip to Eastern Market isn't complete without a trip to Rafal Spice.

Don Rafal is a long-time, big-hearted supporter of the Detroit community and I am thrilled to support him and his "scent"-sational business :-)

Thanks for joining the forum, Don! Wishing you many years of legumes and beans to come.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 413
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 3:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MY Uncle brings me stuff from that store,ALLWAYS good to clean out my nose, as well as other things.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13227
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Rafal,

As I was out jogging through the Market on the way to the river this evening, I was wondering...

...is there ANY chance you might consider revising or expanding your store hours?

I ask this publicly, because I'd love to see if anyone else here has missed doing business with you because of the limited time you're open.

We could use it as an informal poll, please chime in everybody!

Cheers, it is SUCH a joy to me to pass by and know that you're back en force...I'd like to help you in any way possible.

It broke my heart so much to drop in and continually see all those empty coffee bins and shelves that I simply stopped trying, and I'd bet there are others who did the same.

Birdie
Username: Birdie

Post Number: 46
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I LOVE RAFAL SPICE!! i am so glad it won't be closing!

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was at a party in Woodbridge (Gannon told me I should come) and someone brought out some Hummos, Tabuli, and cucumber sauce. I swear they claimed it was from Rafel, but Ive never seen that kind of stuff in the store on Russell. It was Delicious. I probably ate more than I should have. Someone said they got it at a different location in the market. Ive never seen it. Is this true???

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 551
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After visiting the store with Rel and my son, I am a new customer the smell is addictive. I need to stock up on spices also. That and the cheese at J. Hirt Jr. Co.

Reddog289

Post Number: 426
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The store needs to be open when i visit the east side, need a place to escape the rain. Gotta take the house chef there.

Reddog289

Post Number: 427
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The store needs to be open when i visit the east side, need a place to escape the rain. Gotta take the house chef there.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.