Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Pizza sub on Jefferson « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitnative
Username: Detroitnative

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone ever had a "pizza sub" (like a pizza, but with a top and bottom crust with deli meat and cheese inside) from that party store on Jefferson almost across from the RenCen? Does anyone know the name of the store and what the concoction is actually called? I'm jones'n for one right now. Thanks.

Ljbad89
Username: Ljbad89

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could it be the Amori party store you're thinking of? Also, I always called what I think you're thinking of a pizza sub. They're good aren't they?

Detroitnative
Username: Detroitnative

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes they are, and thank you, it was a party store.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2577
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we come up with a better name than PIZZA SUB? :-)

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2397
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cripes! What's wrong with that name? I think it's a good name, 'cuz it tells you, straight up, what the item is: a hybrid featuring characteristics of both sub and pizza.
Dammit, Detroitnerd, I just finished agreeing with you (on another thread,) and now here you go saying something that's crazy, just crazy!

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 739
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do they have Pizza In A Cup?

s

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2578
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine: OK! OK! Pizza Sub it is! :-)

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2399
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitnerd: Well, good, then. That's more like it. You're back on the short list of DYers who generally make pretty good sense. (Code for "Ravine agrees with you.")

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2579
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK. I'll try to retain my Ravine "seal of good housekeeping." :-)

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 1972
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pizza Sub = Calzone.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1994
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I worked in pizza parlors, pizza subs were submarine buns toasted and spread with sauce, mozzerella, and toppings, and then baked or broiled in the pizza oven until the cheese melted and browned. Calzones are raw dough folded over and pinched around the regular pizza toppings and then baked

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 654
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Renaisance Deli used or still is there,they had a breakfast pizza too

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Used to be able to get calzones at Mama Rosa's on Mack. I thought Renaissance Deli was gone

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.