Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Fort -Schaeffer « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 947
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fort Schaeffer is quite an interesting community that is shut off from the rest of the city in many ways, it reminds me a lot of warrendale. I have lived in the city my entire life and have just recently discovered this area was part of our fair city. What is the history behind it? Anyone spend much time there

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 386
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 4:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kinda sorta spent time there, worked for the NS Railway down there. never got the Warrendale vibe there.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 950
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe there are many similarities, one being they are both cut off from the city on one side by Dearborn, and have similar housing styles. It is jut one of those areas that you almost say "oh thats part of Detroit too?"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.