Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Gary S. Pollard Just Dropped By « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2384
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A Democrat named Gary S. Pollard, running for State Rep out of District 11, just came by my house to introduce himself and solicit my vote. Of course, I am going to investigate him on my own, but I must say that he seemed like a fairly decent fellow, and I thought it might be worthwhile to mention this visit and ask if any of you have any info, or comments, about Mr. Pollard.

Edit: I can't believe that I spelled "or" as "our," but I did...

(Message edited by ravine on June 21, 2008)

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 95
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did he mention whether he was the same Gary Pollard that worked for the city of Detroit, Neighborhood City Halls under Dennis Archer?

Ravine

Post Number: 2385
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mschievous: Didn't say. Based on the "neighborhoods" emphasis in some of the literature he left, I'm thinking that he probably is that guy.

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 364
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A politician coming to your house is a good thing nowadays. But, how does he feel about issues important to you? Have you "google"d him?

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3385
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is correct Mscheivous-he is the one and the same.

Ravine

Post Number: 2387
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I "googled" him, yes. He has a website, but it's just a homepage which says, "under construction." I'm sure I can find out more, via the internetz, but it won't happen tonight, because I must rise at 5:30 A.M.
Thanks, to the three of you who responded. I will check back in, tomorrow.

Kova
Username: Kova

Post Number: 153
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i am a good friend with mr. pollard's son - and I can tell you that he is a good man. He has been in the service and has worked on the auto shop floors- he is a hard working guy and I think he will do a great job representing the district. just my biased 2 cents.

Ravine

Post Number: 2388
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two cents is just fine, thank you. Fifty people toss in theirs, I'll have $1.00's worth of opinions, which is a fine start.
Biased? Aren't we all?

Eastsidedame

Post Number: 367
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm.... Good PR goes with political territory, these days. His website should be up and running, now, at the very least, WITH contact information.

It shows a desire to communicate with the voters.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3319
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"It shows a desire to communicate with the voters."

Well, until elected, anyway...... :-)

Eastsidedame

Post Number: 371
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Touche, mon frere!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.