Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Freedom Fireworks Picnic « Previous Next »
Archive through June 19, 2008Pcasey30 06-19-08  2:20 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the last 5 years I camped out at the tip of Belle Isle cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner from my tent. I am forfeiting that spot this year though because the wind has been anti-belle isle the last few years and the smoke obstructed the view.

I think we're going to take our party to the riverfront, somewhere near Rivard Plaza.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 843
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's on!

Fort Wayne it is. I have never been to the Fort. I do plan on helping out in the future, but have yet to do so (but I really do plan on it). The Girly and I will be regulars helping out around there once we complete our move to the CBD Plymouthers, you have my word!

Is there an addmission or anything we should bring?

Do we want any kind of food or anything?

Where is parking? In fact, does the Fort have a website with directions and such?

I will be bringing at least myself and The Girly. But also possibly one of her friends, and possibly my Cousin.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 877
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, the lack of replies to this is really confusing me. Is anyone going to actually be there? Am I going to be the only one showing up at Fort Wayne?

It's not to let to change it. Is everyone going to another location?

We still are on for Fort Wayne, correct?

Plymouthers, don't worry, we love this country and will be very respectful. You don't have to worry about a thing. My Grandpa was a P.O.W. for years, and my brother in law is being sent back to Iraq later this year. That above post was a bad attempt at humor and lightheartedness. I apologize about that comment.

We love our country, and our freedoms more than you could ever imagine! That is speaking for both me and my fiancee. Part of the whole reason I am trying to make our city and communities a better place is in large part because of how serious it is. I never forget about all those that gave, and continue to give, their lives for our freedom.

We both just like to not take life to serious in general Plymouthers. However, we would both die for this country if we had to, and we will do nothing to bring disrespect on You, them, the Fort, or Detroit Michigan (USA) in general.

You have my word. We will be on our best behavior.

No worries! :-)

But again.... and I am seriously asking; who else is going tomorrow/tonight?

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 882
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:::BUMP:::

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 195
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm in! What time?

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 211
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean - our family are Coalition members are are leaving in about 45 minutes (making Toll House cookies right now...) We will be there tonight. Do you need to know where exactly to go? If so, I will be home until about 3.

crystal at kellerfarm.com

Detroitking
Username: Detroitking

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm in, how will I recognize you guys. Will there be a Detroityes banner?

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 884
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess never mind guys. I won't be able to sit in one spot for very long until they start, and no one else volunteered to help hold a spot. Also, I don't know enough about Fort Wayne to head down there without more info and directions.

I'll try and check the forums one more time before I leave.

Sigh... very disappointing :-( :-( :-(

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 647
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sean-construction on i75 .fort st to Livernois to W.Jefferson you will see Ft.Wayne

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 505
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A bunch of us from the neighborhood will be riding our bikes downtown. How will I recognize you Sean_of_detroit?

Pgn421

Post Number: 649
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does anyone know if the fireworks are on rain or shine?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2560
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They're still debating...

From what I can see, it's looking good. :-)

These thunderstorms usually die out around/after sunset.

(Message edited by DetroitRise on June 23, 2008)

Pgn421

Post Number: 651
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks rise. there probably will be a lot of folks down there.with river days, dont know if im going yet.

Saintme
Username: Saintme

Post Number: 152
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So if I head to Fort Wayne right now I can get in and will be able to watch? I was going to meet some friends at Belle Isle but I'm thinking it may be easier to have them meet me at Fort Wayne.

Pgn421

Post Number: 653
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i dont know if you can get in.you might want to call Plymouthres

Saintme
Username: Saintme

Post Number: 153
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ack . . . i don't have any detroityesers phone #'s . . . I guess I'll try my chances at Belle Isle

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 603
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean and all-

Yes! Everyone is welcome and I just heard that the site has been set up for anyone who wants to watch. I am working outside of Lansing and driving 200 miles a day so I haven't been following this very closely-my bad!

There aren't any signs, cause no one told me to make any!I wrote LAST Sunday, and the next post wasn't even until Wednesday, so I can't really take all the blame! With my schedule it's been tough to plan anything!

Get down there now if your going as they have been advertising the Fort all day as a place to view the fireworks so it will be packed!!

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 604
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like were headed down right now. Look for the lousy hand written sign!

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 886
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 5:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry all.

The confusion was the whole reason I was trying to get this planned early.

Detroitking

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was there but I couldn't find you guys. I yelled out Detroit Yes a few times but the only person to answer was Yooper. Wierd guy! LOL

I did receive a few looks. People probably thought I belonged in a group home. :-)

Yooper

Post Number: 196
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was great meeting you, King! That was a blast! Too bad we couldn't find the rest of the DY crew. Ah well, we were able to keep my Crave Case to ourselves. I'm still burping onions!

Detroitking

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was great meeting you. I had so much fun I was thinking that maybe you and I could start a forum social club that could met once a week someplace in the city. What do you think? Maybe a bar? I will bring the Crave Case next time.

Pgn421

Post Number: 658
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dk- the forum social club does meet every week at a saloon

Detroitking

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pgn421, are you saying someone stole my idea?

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 904
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, Itsjeff (RIP) started one a looooong time ago. Check out the "Connect" tab on the top of this site.

Pgn421

Post Number: 660
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dk-yes, a few years or beers ago!

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 745
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been to a couple FSC meetups but nobody brought a Crave Case, so thats a new idea.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 1013
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

these guys are mocking you and this forum. Detroitking and Yooper are residents of that OTHER forum. Chuckle Chuckle

Yooper

Post Number: 198
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I've always posted on here. I used to post under Motorcitymayor2026 before I moved up North.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doesn't change the fact that your posts are ridiculous and used only as fodder for the other site. I'm sure you'll be gone soon.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2577
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yooper, don't feed the ^^^troll. :-)

Detroitking

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is Spiritofdetroit such an angry poster. I agree with you Detroitrise he is a troll. LOL

Yooper don't worry about him, when we show up with a Crave Case we will be the life of the party. :-)

(Message edited by detroitking on June 24, 2008)

Yooper

Post Number: 199
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.