Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Lions open tryouts « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ruxy17
Username: Ruxy17

Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wasn't there a movie once about a sports team that sucked so much that the organization decided to hold tryouts open to the public and some joe nobodies tried out and made it and went on to become sports heros? i can't remember the details, but i remember some movie that went something like that.
Maybe the lions should try that in Detroit. There MUST be enough Detroiters that are better at football than our current roster to repopulate the team. They could have a rotating roster so that anyone who wanted to play could play. They couldn’t do any worse than our “professional” team is doing right now. I know, I know, stuff like that only happens in the movies, but it’s still fun to imagine.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1566
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Major League," based on the 1980s Cleveland Indians.

Pinewood73
Username: Pinewood73

Post Number: 71
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Invincible" the movie about Vince Papale a walk-on for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2809
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got a Lions special teams try out for a guy from Croatia in my factory. He was a field goal kicker with no experience, but with my moms secretarial skills and a little luck I thought I had a chance. At that time Novo Bojivic of the Panthers was the man.
It worked, but I was not there for the special teams gong show. All I asked of him was a case of beer for the weekend, for a NFL tryout. On a friday night he tried to pay me with a six pack.
There - I said it. Still pissed.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.