Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Redford Twp. Man Shot Dead in Police Standoff « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2085
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the Detroit Free Press.

Excerpt:

A 30-year-old man died Friday night after a 10-hour standoff with police and U.S. marshals at his home in Redford Township, police said today.

At approximately 9:20 a.m. Friday, township police arrived at the 8900 block of Seminole at the request of the U.S. Marshals Service, which had been trying to serve the man a warrant for drug charges.

Link: http://www.freep.com/article/2 0081213/NEWS02/81213073/1001/r ss01

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 608
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 5:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too many ex-Detroiters invading that once beautiful community. Now it will become a cesspool of crime and barbarity like the once magnificent Detroit. Somebody needs to seal Detroit off at the borders to prevent the infectious disease of crime from infesting other peaceful and caring communities. Detroit, the worst community on earth - by a long shot!

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 272
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 5:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CP: Come out of your shell and tell us how you really feel!

Thoswolfe
Username: Thoswolfe

Post Number: 90
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 7:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The way I read that article, Redford 'justice'hasn't changed much.

Suicide by police, just one shot, or even 'draw' a squirt gun at a Redford police officer and you're good as dead.

Suspect took one shot, and the officer only had to shoot once. That may have been huge drug charges for Fed Marshalls to arrest a suspect, and facing life in prison, no parole, well....

The Feds probably called in Redford to 'take care of' their suspect when the suspect resisted.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3607
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CP why don't come out say what you really say when you have your white sheets on, you think there are are too any n*****s moving in.

I think he's being sarcastic.

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 1340
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Before we go assuming...I know someone who was there (a cop) and the guy in the home was white (so it was not racially motivated)and not from Detroit (he had lived in Redford his whole life).

He also had machine guns, pistols, and rifles in the room with him. He was in his mid twenties. He really gave the cops no alternative. His parents tried to get him to surrender but weren't able to do so. The police gave him every opportunity to surrender. They found 6 different types of drugs (large quantities) in the home and the guy was a known dope dealer.

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 2946
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "Suspect took one shot, and the officer only had to shoot once."

Draw a firearm on any law enforcement official and discharge it anywhere and that person just punched their ticket. What would someone suggest otherwise? Let him shoot some innocent bystander or another police officer, in the hopes that he will not be harmed?

Thoswolfe
Username: Thoswolfe

Post Number: 92
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Part of that Quote is conveniently missing- the part meant to be self-explanatory:

"Suicide by Police"

Apologies for making an assumption before reading the full story-(which I still do not see in print) the news article leaves alot out.

All we are really told is the matter will be investigated, same as any police activity involving firearm use: "Police are to turn over results of an investigation of the incident to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office."

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 1341
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My source told me that the guy answered the door, saw it was the Marshalls and hightailed it to his automatic weapon and started in with a scene from Scarface (yelling and screaming that the cops would have to shoot him to end it)...then he ran to a bedroom that had a multitude of weapons in it. He was holed up in there for hours. They kept giving him an opportunity to surrender. He did not. They sent in a "flash boom" and that is when he shot at the officers. They responded with shots. The cops didn't know if he had the auto weapon or not...

I can say I'd have shot him if he were shooting at me. One just doesn't know what these people are on (drugs) and what it is going to take for them to either kill you or others.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 342
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No muss, no fuss with the legal system now.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.