Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » With God as my witness I am giving $100 to the Dem to run against Sen Shelby « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Frankg
Username: Frankg

Post Number: 713
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Join the Facebook Group and take the pledge: With God as my witness I am giving $100 to the Dem to run against Sen Shelby

http://www.facebook.com/group. php?gid=46130601929

Motownmark04
Username: Motownmark04

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Senator Shelby has his way, I won't have $100 to spare.

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 564
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for posting this. After a lifetime of supporting the Republican Party, I am grateful for the opportunity to oppose them.

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 660
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 4:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He leaked classified information, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R ichard_Shelby

Goose
Username: Goose

Post Number: 82
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your opposition to the republican party as manifested in the State of Michigan is the exact reason the GOP has turned a blind eye to you... you think you will get Republican support?? while for the past 20 years you have been milking off the teet of the Democrats??? See how well this has gone in Michigan. Elect more Democrats is the answer??? Of course there is no way to say for sure but I think if Devos was elected Govenor this "bail out loan" would be a slam dunk.......

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1389
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^Yeah, right, Southern Republicans supporting Northern states??

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Save your money. I did some reading on his political career and he won his last election (2004) getting 68% of the vote. It appears that's his seat until he doesn't want it.

Glowblue
Username: Glowblue

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Your opposition to the republican party as manifested in the State of Michigan is the exact reason the GOP has turned a blind eye to you... you think you will get Republican support?? while for the past 20 years you have been milking off the teet of the Democrats??? See how well this has gone in Michigan. Elect more Democrats is the answer??? Of course there is no way to say for sure but I think if Devos was elected Govenor this "bail out loan" would be a slam dunk.......

The GOP is a bunch of bitter, has-been losers. Who cares about 'em? Michigan has always done better under Democratic administrations anyway.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5968
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goose, go back and do your homework about Shelby. Up until the day after the Republicans won control of Congress back in 1994... Shelby was a Democrat.

Then when the Republicans took control of congress he switched his allegiance to Republican.

Voting his conscience... or slimeball opportunist?

Philbo
Username: Philbo

Post Number: 61
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goose, you're right. The U.A.W and other unions have been nothing but a big A.T.M machine for the DEMS. Hillary Clinton used to be a Republican. People wrote off the GOP back in the post Watergate era in 1976, but they came back nicely. Don't write thier Obituary just yet. Sure I'm pissed too but payback is a MF.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 173
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gistok, I vote for slimeball opportunist...what a slimy sumbitch he is...

If you guys haven't gone to this site, you should check it out.

www.boycottalabamanow.com

There is a lot of dirt on the slimy son of a bitch, Shelby...

Sknutson
Username: Sknutson

Post Number: 648
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will probably donate to whoever will run against the righteous whoremongering Senator Vitter. GOP values at their best.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1617
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Worry about your own backyard and save your money. Shelby answers to the people of Alabama not the people of Michigan.

I didn't see the Big Three running down South to build plants and employ those people. So why should they run to your aid. I think you guys are getting to involved and it is blinding you.

Hornist9

Post Number: 175
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sj...Shelby in a sense is thumbing his nose at the people of Michigan. His rhetoric and actions have endangered jobs HERE! The big Three do have plants in the South, I will post a few examples for your general fund of information: Kentucky; the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, a large Ford plant in Louisville, a GM assembly plant in Oklahoma, Saturn's main plant is in Tennessee...so think before you shoot your mouth off. Sounds like your another stupid Reboobigan...

_sj_

Post Number: 1620
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He is not thumbing his nose at Michigan he is in his mind support his state. Alabama, not Michigan.

quote:

so think before you shoot your mouth off. Sounds like your another stupid Reboobigan...

Before you shoot your mouth off why don't you go and investigate the amount of automotive jobs in those considered to be the poorer of the states. I douobt you would be willing to give some of your ~150k parts and aseembly jobs to say Wyoming who has 83.

Place your anger where it belongs not on people from other states who are trying to make a living.

Hornist9

Post Number: 180
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Place your anger where it belongs not on people from other states who are trying to make a living.

sj...

Well, why Doesn't Shelby think of the entire Goddamned nation, not just Fucking Alabama...He wasn't elected to just represent Alabama, but the interests of the Nation, which he obviously does not care about the interests of America, but his special interest foreign car companies that were given special tax abatements to relocate in Alabama. Get real...

Larryinflorida
Username: Larryinflorida

Post Number: 3332
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've always felt that Republicans, if they are going to go and start wars everywhere on the globe, should pay more attention to where tanks, etc. get made.

Or is the Toyota plant in Alabama gonna be converted?

Huge National Security problem here if Detroit folds.
A few get that, but our training to be greedy consumers without regard to origin blinds the average American. The ones who are calling their Representatives and saying "No".

Lemmings.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5971
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shelby's not only voting for the interests of his state, he's also leading the charge in the senate against the bailout.

What part of that don't some of you understand?

Just voting for the interest of ones own state is one thing, but he's making this a crusade against the domestic auto industry... and here in Michigan our response should be to fight for our economic survivial...

Just ignore the naysayers on this forum... I've learned to tune them out... because they'll always bitch about something... even when things are going right.

_sj_

Post Number: 1625
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Well, why Doesn't Shelby think of the entire Goddamned nation, not just Fucking Alabama...He wasn't elected to just represent Alabama, but the interests of the Nation, which he obviously does not care about the interests of America, but his special interest foreign car companies that were given special tax abatements to relocate in Alabama. Get real...

Tax abatements to the Big Three are OK for you to have a job, but when they are granted for others they are wrong?

Did you vote for Shelby or because you are not a resident of Alabama you don't get the choice.

He was elected to only serve his state not the nation.

The senate was not created to be to sensitive of the people only the state for which they represent.

quote:

Huge National Security problem here if Detroit folds.

Or is the Toyota plant in Alabama gonna be converted?

Do you believe that the need to mass-produce a war machine of inferior products compared to its enemies will be needed.

And why can't the factory be converted the government has and can seize assets during war time.

Ct_alum
Username: Ct_alum

Post Number: 49
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A few observations/corrections:

skutson: Vitter is not typical GOP - He had sex with a woman, GOP is usually a closet homosexual child molester.

hornist9: Sorry, OKC Plant is already closed.

This whole issue is nothing but class warfare with the rich GOP vs. the ever shrinking middle class as embodied by the UAW.

Also, the Japanese have a clear agenda to destroy our domestic auto makers by under cutting them at every turn in order to dominate the market just like they did in the television and other electronics industries. They have been on a planned campaign to overtake GM for market share supremacy and will not stop until they achieve it by any means necessary. They might smile in our faces when required and voice fake support for the D3, but they have nothing but contempt for us as they think that we are fat, lazy and stupid. I have seen this first-hand as I work for one of the "transplants"; unlike the neo-con idiots who spout statistics from 20 years ago about the UAW and repeat fables about workers sleeping on the job that they heard from a friend of a friend who heard it from their grandfather who had a second cousin who had a friend that worked for GM 30 years ago. But, that suits their agenda so they have no problem repeating it as the gospel.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.