Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Bush may use Bank Loans after all? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2911
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Following Lmichigan's thread.

I wonder if this isn't a ploy by the Bush administration to gain support for the Repubs from normally democratic states? They can state they helped them when the chips were down so they do care about them.

I certainly wouldn't put it past this regime.

http://www.windsorstar.com/Bus h+bank+bailout+fund+automakers /1069447/story.html

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 1231
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat....count on it; George will come through for Detroit.
Subsequently, everyone - our friends the Democrats inclusive - will sing his praises.

Strange as that might seem.

But then, did you ever - in your wildest dreams - think you'd see gasoline prices go from $4.10 to $1.50....in the span of 90 days.

It's a Weird World After all...it's a weird world after all - - - sing it with me.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1061
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about the idea that he didn't want to see millions of people facing the possibility of losing their jobs when he could supply enough money to at least get them to the seating of the next congress?
His name is Bush, not Hitler. I thought I was as cynical as one could get about politicians, but some of you are off the deep end.

If he doesn't do it he's a bastard and if he does do it he's still a bastard with his own personal agenda. Why not just give him credit for doing the right thing?

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 578
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's all a vast right-wing conspiracy orchestrated by Dick Cheney from an undisclosed location.

Goat, you're overestimating their intelligence.

(Message edited by Retroit on December 12, 2008)

Wilus1mj
Username: Wilus1mj

Post Number: 277
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan counting on King George...ha ha ha...this is the craziest thing I'm ever seen!!

Danindc
Username: Danindc

Post Number: 4048
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, it's quite ironic, but Bush doesn't want this hanging over his head as well. He's been too preoccupied with what his legacy will be. I can't imagine he also wants to be known as the President who let the American auto industry vanish.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3885
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat, why'd you start a new thread?

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2914
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lmichigan, no particular reason I didn't want jump on the thread you started and have it go off course.

By the way Bush jr made me jump off the deep end with his endless stupidity. Considering what a dismal "leader" he has been I don't believe he is doing this because it is the right thing to do. Bush doesn't do anything it seems without getting some type of payback.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.