Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Saving GM: Down with Wagoner up with Roger Penske « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1093
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlie Hughes and William Jeanes • December 12, 2008

FREEP

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0081212/OPINION05/81212087

A strong leader would Mr. Penske make.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 575
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wagonner is not the problem; the credit crisis and the poor economy are the problem. People can't get loans to buy cars, and they have been scared to do so because of fear of losing their jobs. I think that any businessperson in Wagonner's shoes, no matter how good they are, would be facing the same situation.

Ktkeller08
Username: Ktkeller08

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree that Wagonner is not the problem. Lutz said if they oust Wagonner that he will basically be a "sacrificial lamb" in all this. Besides, look at all the changes that he's made lately and the great products that GM has been producing in the last few years. I think it would hurt GM a lot more if they got rid of him than if they just kept him.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know what? I really like Rick Wagoner. I think he's smart and a decent guy. However, public perception is he's partially at fault. Replacing him with someone like Penske would change GM's image.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.