Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Wildcat America-Salary and Hourly Auto Workers « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 444
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I posted this on another thread. Maybe it needs to be a new thread.

We need to get a wildcat strike going against the whole of the country and it is the only way to grab their attention. Boycott Alabama, great idea! But something bigger needs to be done.

The UAW workers needs to show the country what it would be like without their money being spread around. And I mean salary workers on down. Everyone who has a stake in the money they earn directly or indirectly (party store owners, restaurants, etc.) from GM needs to take part. Even during this busy holiday season!

It need only last a few days-don't want to hurt the economy more-but I don't think the whole country has any idea how much the auto business supports this country.

Are you with me?!

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2784
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with you Mama_

But I'm already laid off and near broke. :-(

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 445
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, hubby retired and fixed income. You know, you could participate. Just don't buy anything or pay any bill for, what, a week?

This can be done and should be done.

The government is wrong in this instance. We have to do something and make our voices heard. I have had enough!

Mopardan
Username: Mopardan

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You'd need the AFL-CIO to be the driving force. A major wildcat strike could also backfire as well, particularly where the general public is concerned.
As an FYI, here's a list of the unions under their umbrella:
http://www.aflcio.org/aboutus/ unions/

I saw an article this morning that the GOP could suffer a backlash because they were only focused on the UAW. If they'd pushed for an across-the-board wage cut, I don't think anyone would've argued it. But like so many people, they got greedy & tried to take advantage of the situation. Almost sounds like Wall St. bankers.

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the past thirty years; labor leaders, robber baron industrialists, financiers and our political leadership have conspired to make the United States of America a Global Leader in Cheap Labor.

They are within millimeters of succeeding.

Power to the People - Crush the Evil that lurks within

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 1224
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh....poor China; will someone please join me in a sob fest for China:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28 037960/

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1371
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sino Clause' obviously has some disgruntled elves.

But I can't feel sorry for those elves who wouldn't want the crap that they make in their own stockings pinned on their fireplace mantels.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.