Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » 7 Mile and Woodward « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 163
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is being built there? I have a feeling it's mega-church, but I'm not sure, and there's no sign that I could see telling me what it is.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1470
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went by there yesterday, and it does look like a big church. If you look at the structure, it looks like it's going to have some sort of stadium seating.

Pkbroch
Username: Pkbroch

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perfecting Church was supposed to build a mega church on that lot. They are currently located on Nevada. They presented the plans and drawing to the Palmer Woods Association in 2002-2003.

They bought almost all the property from the McDonalds north of Seven mile to the old Wright and Philips store. Oprah Winfrey was supposed to be involved at one point. They started construction three years ago worked for One and One half years and have not done any work since. The steel is rusting and it looks terrible.

Also the Shops at Gateway land, 8 mile and Woodward, is still a dustbowl no sign of any building. Well at least they have a sign.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 165
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How did you escape from Almont?

Jcole

Post Number: 1471
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe they could sell it as a hockey arena?

Umbound
Username: Umbound

Post Number: 173
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL that wouldn't be a bad idea, then the CHL could play its games out of there.

Jcole

Post Number: 1473
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, it was tough, but every once in a while, I fly under the radar and manage to escape. It involves tunnels and digging implements that are too hard to describe here. Suffice it to say, getting back in was no picnic

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2287
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dtowncitylover, you must be the 10th person on the board to ask that question (with an entirely new thread).

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 165
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know about that Drise, I've been on this forum for months now and I don't remember anyone talking about this.

(Message edited by dtowncitylover on June 05, 2008)

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2553
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's at least two other threads on this subject in the archives--start digging. I know one of them was about mega churches and the other one was about the Chaldeans that used to call that part of Detroit their home.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.