Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Anyone here live on Fourth Street? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tonyt
Username: Tonyt

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm moving in this weekend with my girlfriend, but was curious if anyone here lives there.

I had a few questions.

thanks in advance.

Tonyt

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and by fourth street I mean, fourth and holden...

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2378
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not Fourth and Selden? ;)

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 97
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

don't do it dude

Tonyt

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahaha...oh no...am I being officially warned?

(Message edited by tonyt on May 30, 2008)

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2379
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I think Ggores is just having some fun. It's a great, tight little neighborhood. My advice is move in with an open mind and watch how people do things in that neighborhood. Some of the old-timers can be a little intense, but they're decent people. Watch out for the purple party house. :-)

Tonyt

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hahahaha, my friends were the purple party house (we sold purple people eaters at the fourth street fair).

Alas they have all moved out and the house stands vacant.

That's funny you would say that.

Evelyn
Username: Evelyn

Post Number: 266
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aww, the purple house is empty?

I really liked living on Fourth Street. Some interesting characters, but altogether a fun, eclectic community.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 244
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fourth Street is interesting and artsy and the Fourth Street fair iS the best!

Jhartmich
Username: Jhartmich

Post Number: 125
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is artsy always associated with dope-smoking 20 somethings who wear worn out, dirty clothes and never have their hair cut or combed? I spent two months there and found it more trashy than artsy. However, to each their own...

(Message edited by jhartmich on May 30, 2008)

Tonyt

Post Number: 44
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That you use the term "dope-smoking" and would judge the integrity of people, or whether or not they make art, based on their appearance is amazing and appalling.

I'm sure they should all join the military to learn some good old fashioned discipline, right?

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2380
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you saying artsy types need to look more like Johnny Unitas? That's silly. :-)

Jhartmich

Post Number: 126
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah :-), I am.

The_recycling_people
Username: The_recycling_people

Post Number: 84
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Recycling has been a conceived as a Hippie/ Dope Smoking endeavour as well. Ridiculous... But he did clean up his ignorant post with a tidy " to each his own..."

Kind of like - "What a totally pathetic and ignorant statement made by that nazi.. BUT TO EACH HIS OWN."

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2523
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"However, to each their own"

To each HIS own--would be more correct english.

Evelyn

Post Number: 267
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Same reason uptight, judgmental people are NOT associated with creativity, I guess.

Jhartmich

Post Number: 127
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

creativity to one is trash to another

Tonyt

Post Number: 45
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, well you weren't even answering my original question so I'm glad you hijacked my thread.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2381
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, I wear worn out, dirty clothes and never have my hair cut or combed, but I'm well into my 30s. :-)

Jhartmich

Post Number: 129
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL...

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1238
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fourth and Main...? Bad R.O. 'hood.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2383
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, Fourth and Temple ... yikes!

Clermont
Username: Clermont

Post Number: 31
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

say hey to maurice

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 418
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Purple house is empty? Bummer, it was the total party house. Was there a few times last year. I like 4th street, its messy sure but it's an entirely different world over there and a great chance of pace. Jhart, if you wanted to live in a nice neat neighborhood move to Woodbridge. Did you not have any clue what Fourth was about when you moved in? There's a good mix of artist's AND burned out pot smoking hippies if you ask me and neither ever did anything to hurt me.

Evelyn

Post Number: 268
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry. One word of advice: I’ve never seen a snow plow on that street, so you might wanna buy a shovel to dig your car out in the winter. That might’ve changed since that school was built in the old warehouse- I moved before that project was finished.

Watch out for the homemade speed bumps!

Soulhawk
Username: Soulhawk

Post Number: 355
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live in the Valson on 4th Street. contact me at supro58@yahoo.com.

Spaceboykelly
Username: Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 289
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I also live on 4th street, my email is newwave_popstar@hotmail.com

Welcome to the 'hood if you are moving in!

P.S. I don't smoke the dope and my hair is naturally pretty. (But to each his own :D )

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 719
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fourth street is a fine and dandy place, and I can vouch for spaceboys hair, it is very pretty. I live not on Fourth but near enough and the area is similar. Great place with an amazingly friendly atmosphere.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.