Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Ticketmaster PA attempting to not sell to local Wings fans « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4369
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

since they are looking at credit card billing addresses you could drive there and still have the order canceled

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse /2008/05/27/penguins-look-to-l ock-red-wings-fan-out-of-final s/

Tonyt
Username: Tonyt

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aww poor penguins...

I guess their arena will just be that much quieter when we sweep them...

it's not like i can afford the damn tickets anyway! $330 cheapest to find.

Ffdfd
Username: Ffdfd

Post Number: 299
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I'm sure some of you might recall that this past January, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were looking to lock New York Giants fans out of a Bucs home game too. They pulled the same trick, but they didn't count on the fact that New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo was ready, wiling and able to use the full power of his office to knock Ticketmaster back into line. When Cuomo called, Ticketmaster caved.

The lesson here? If I were a Wings fan, I guess I'd call up Mike Cox, Attorney General for the State of Michigan. And given how popular the Red Wings are these days, something tells me Cox might be well disposed toward hearing an argument that his constituents are being treated unfairly.

Mike Cox has investigated this and deemed it an urban legend.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 521
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They didn't cave before?

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The University of Michigan has done this for a few years trying to block MSU fans from getting tickets to basketball games at Crysler Arena. It hasnt worked so well. Just like the MSU fans, the wings fans that really want to be there will find a way to make it work.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 959
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fdfd,

Go on ticketmaster - Michigan is not included in the list of "acceptable" states

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4371
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he was joking, Spirit

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 961
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh wow.....

I missed that one.

Jeez. Long day.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.