Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Movie Crew at Dave's Diner « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Soulhawk
Username: Soulhawk

Post Number: 351
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I was driving to work this morning, the police had Piquette shut down, and I noticed several movie trailers parked on the street near Dave's Diner. The crew was there all day. I noticed that they were just leaving about 10:00 p.m. tonight. Anybody know what was being filmed there?

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 557
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i spoke to Dave earlier,he said they were big name actors.The movie he said is called "The Job" something about a murder. Im going to stop and see Dave.i will have more info

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11733
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt12 30380/

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 785
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ron Perlman takes 'Job' offer
Three others also join cast
By Gregg Goldstein
May 6, 2008

Ron Perlman, Taryn Manning, Joe Pantoliano and Patrick Flueger are starring in Shem Bitterman's darkly comic drama "The Job."

Bitterman is adapting his 1998 play about a hapless man named Bubba (Flueger) who is desperate to find a job and marry the woman he loves (Manning). A drifter (Perlman) hooks him up with a slick employment agent (Pantoliano), but after agreeing to the job, Bubba finds that he is in over his head.

Production on the indie film begins today in Detroit, making it one of the first films to take advantage of Michigan's new 40% refundable or transferable tax credit law.

"Job" is produced by Kiki Goshay, exec producer of the Melvin Van Peebles docu "How to Eat Your Watermelon in White Company (and Enjoy it)."
Save Print Email Reprints Advertisement

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 559
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that is it

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 938
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great news. The governor and our legislature really got it right on this.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.