Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Whorace Sheffield vs Mr. Monica Conyers « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://miboecfr.nictusa.com/el ection/candlist/08PRI/08PRI_CL .HTM

It is a long list from the Sec. Of State. It lists all the candidates that filed by yesterday's deadline.

A couple of surprises, one is the race of Sheffield Vs. Conyers. I knew Horace was talking about it, but actually filing is a completely different subject.

My feeling is that Horace is positioning himself as a possible candidate in the future, but anything is possible.

If you look at the list, our friend, Gary Brown is MIA. hmmm Also, in Marsha Cheeks district there are almost a hundred folks running. Another interesting development it the number of muslim surnames running against Bert "the felon" Johnson.

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 572
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 7:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps someone here at Detroit Yes should run for Mayor of Detroit or City Council member. You all seem so much more passionate about the city than the elected officials, and much more informed and intelligent too.

Seriously. Start a Detroit Yes party.

I'm a writer. I will write your pamphlets. Free of charge.

Gnome

Post Number: 1224
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rev Sheffield was just on the Frank Beakman show on WJR. Sheffield said that last week he heard Mr. Conyers was having a difficult time collecting petition signatures for this election. Rev. Sheffield continued to report that 1100 signatures are required to run for congress and that Conyers had only collected 1200 signatures and that each one will be challenged to ascertain that each person is actually a registered voter.

So, according the Sheffield, Conyers may just have f-ed himself out of office.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 873
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh my lordy lord lord - this man couldn't get signatures...and he could be ousted by default...LORD HELP US

my initial post was this

---Do you think he'll be competitive...and how will this influence Monica's votes from this day forward...they've (KK) been playing her all along

Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 874
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

surprised to see Ajane Evans didn't file...he wanted his mother's seat (Marsha Cheeks)

---oops missed him

DEM Evans, Ajene C. 3139 Woodward #2
Detroit, MI 48201 05/13/2008 Fee Paid 100.00

I just knew he would have changed his last name for recognition.

Don't vote for him ya'll...just moving him from one payroll to the next!

(Message edited by mrsjdaniels on May 14, 2008)

Gnome

Post Number: 1226
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

only two people submitted signatures: conyers and sheffield.

no republican even filed.

So, if you believe Sheffield, the race might be over before any votes are cast.

Gnome

Post Number: 1227
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just double-checked the Sec of State site, they show that Mr. Monica Conyers submitted 2000 signatures and Whorace submitted 1900.

So, right off, Sheffield is again playing fast and loose with the facts. typical

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1227
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you got some time to waste, click on some of the names (ID #s) in Gnome's link and look at amount of documents available showing errors, omissions, late fees, etc. on some of the familiar names of the Judges and State Reps.

(Message edited by thnk2mch on May 14, 2008)

7miledog
Username: 7miledog

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, I would rather have the devil that I do know, rather than the devil that I don't. (Despite the fact that I think the Honorable Congressman has outstayed his effectiveness). Congressman Sheffield. Scary thought.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6814
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Makes one wonder what Monica is thinking right about now?

She's in the KK camp, and a key player in that camp is going against her husband.

Wonder if she's having second thoughts?

Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 889
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks like he "dropped out"

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20080516/M ETRO/805160423/1361

Spartacus
Username: Spartacus

Post Number: 304
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The quotes in that article are setting off the B.S. detector. Does he really want us to believe that he was trying to help Conyers? He also wants us to believe that Kwame didn't know what he was doing... please.

Let's see, he is Kwame's biggest supporter and he runs for office against the husband of a city council member-- then mysteriously drops out. Hmmmm.

On a side note, he mentioned off the cuff a couple months ago (when he was talking about boycotting Oakland County) that he has a suite at the Palace. Anyone know anything about that?

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6827
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That expensive suite is probably paid for by his lemmings er um I mean parishioners via their tithing...

I bet Monica told KK that either Whorace drops out, or she switches sides in City Council...

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1. David Murray: is this the Reverend David O. Murray, DPS school Board member and recently in the news for child abuse and neglect? And it's my understanding that he 'changed' his first name to "Reverend".

2. Ajene Evans; wasn't his name just in the paper a few days ago as a Kilpatrick cousin working for the city?

3. Betty Cook Scott is crazy as a loon (seriously). She finally got voted in after years of appearing on the ballot (for anything and everything). Guess voters finally succumbed based on name recognition!

4. Is the Tinsley, any relation to Tinsley-Talabi?

5. Henry Stallings is a slimy crook, always has one foot about 3 inches from a jail cell.

6. Is this Dr. Jimmy Womack, formerly of DPS Board? He doesn't seem to know what he wants to do

7. Coleman Young would have you think he's his own daddy but he's one step away from a drooling idiot.

Maybe we should have an election thread and post our research for the edification of any voters with access to DYes? I'll start some research and post if anyone is interested

Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 891
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Ajene is Marsha Cheeks son and she is termed out...

Jimmy Womack - yep DPS...

David Murray...OMG I hope that is not him, lord I hope its not...

BScott...she ran under B Scott her last city council race - ahem...to conjure up thoughts of Brenda Scott. awful, just awful

Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 893
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder is the "WIllie Burton" (4th district) is the ex-NBAer?

a good friend of mine is running -Steve Butler...not a politician but a very stand up guy!

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 120
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ajene Evans is KK cousin and as mentioned Marsha Cheeks son. He has been on the payroll in one form or another for some time. They never learn!!

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 396
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mschievous said:
quote:

"Maybe we should have an election thread and post our research for the edification of any voters with access to DYes? I'll start some research and post if anyone is interested"

Please do. And if enough people want to contribute to the research I can create a website that holds all the information. Would be a good source to look at for information on crooks, errr, I mean candidates.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.