Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Good real estate agent recommendations? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Marco_polo
Username: Marco_polo

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 5:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We've recently moved to the D. and could use help in finding a good, honest and knowledgeable real estate agent.

We are looking for a house in Detroit, possibly a fixer upper in one of those old, charming neighborhoods like Indian Village or University District. We haven't excluded the burbs yet so ideally the person would need to have experience in both of these areas.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Marco_polo

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 5:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One more thing - the person we are looking for needs to have excellent internet search skills and be able to send us daily, in-depth updates on newly posted houses in the neighborhoods we are interested in.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 848
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you have not ruled out the burbs you can get an older (1900-1920's) charming home in Ferndale for cheap. ($85-250k)

Welcome to the site...

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1674
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margaret Palmer, www.margaretpalmer.com.

She found the home my fiancee and I are going to close on this week. She has specialized on Detroit real-estate for more than a decade, has an office in Midtown, lives nearby and was recommended to us by a forumer who also utilized her services.

We are thoroughly pleased with her work. She patiently walked us through a number of homes and was never pushy. She also has the connections to know the history about the home and neighborhood, guide you through the local bureaucracy and getting the best loan possible in a tight credit market quickly and efficiently.

I honestly can't say enough good things about her, and I have heard other local real-estate agents say the same. Call her at (313) 832-2286.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 828
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would recommend Lauren from Oconnor or Kim Stroud from Max Broock: kimstroud@maxbroock.com Kim lives in the University District and knows Detroit very well.

Wordonthestreet
Username: Wordonthestreet

Post Number: 163
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would recommend Austin Black from Max Broock Realtors. Austin lives in Midtown and knows both city and suburban neighborhoods. http://www.austinb2.com 313.550.2307

http://www.austinb2.com/about/ testimonials.htm

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2078
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

any of the fine folks over at o'connor realty, ryan cooley especially

http://www.oconnordetroit.com/ our_team/index.htm

Marco_polo

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you so much, guys. I really appreciate your recommendations.

Our previous agent in Philadelphia was great and helped us tremendously, I hope to find a similar person in Detroit.

How about Grosse Pointe Park and Ferndale? Have you worked with someone in those areas that you could recommend?

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 497
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you're considering East English Village or nearby, I'd suggest Bob Hatch (313-885-2000, ext. 234) or Bernice Sabatella (313-345-0503). They're both very knowledgable about the east side, including Grosse Pointe Park.

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 102
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a site you can type in Detroit and the price range your looking for and it shows you everything available:

http://www.realtor.com/Default .aspx

Several have given me high recommendations for Margret Palmer. Another good one we're working with is Gwendolyn Mitchel. You can sign up for her automatic email which weekly sends you the newly listed houses for the week. That link is:

http://realestateonebps.kataba t.com/PSP/Registration.aspx?ag entNumber=41355

Brandon48202
Username: Brandon48202

Post Number: 221
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The people at www.oconnordetroit.com are knowledgeable about these areas.

Furnitureguy
Username: Furnitureguy

Post Number: 57
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

something about this post smells can you guess?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.