Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Islandview Village « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 1235
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I posted an ad in the Classified Section regarding a flat for lease here and then posted some photos of the neighborhood. As I reviewed the pictures, it ocurred to me that they might provide for some interesting discussion in the Discuss Detroit section.

Islandview Village is such a treasure. My wife and I have lived here for four years and love every minute. The area is the perhaps the least recognized of all Detroit's historic neighborhoods.

Here is the link to the Classified thread for the sake of the images. Just scroll down till you see the pictures and enjoy a stroll around the 'Woodbridge of the East'! Pictures were just taken this morning before the rain!

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/65504/137875.html?121051 9403

(Message edited by Eric C. on May 11, 2008)

(Message edited by Eric C. on May 11, 2008)

Ronaldj
Username: Ronaldj

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Saw the classified ad and reviewed the photos. Looks like a very nice flat.

Glad to see someone else holds Islandview Village in as high regard as my wife and I do.

We have a friend on Field between Kercheval and Vernor who we visit regularly. Maybe we could get in touch and share libations and gardening ideas this summer.

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That would be fun, Ron. We could sit around the firebowl and shoot the bull.

If you don't mind, which house is your friend?

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 4466
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never heard of Islandview Village, very interesting!

Ronaldj
Username: Ronaldj

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eric:
Sent you an e-mail from the Classified posting. I included my friend's address and my phone number. Looking forward to getting together.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.