Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Anyone else remember Swingin' Time? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Margaret
Username: Margaret

Post Number: 254
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

remember Swingin' Time, on CKLW TV during the late 60s? I used to dance on there as a regular, you know, one of the teenagers boogying on the raised platforms. the boogaloo, the pearl, the monkey, the jerk...what I wouldn't give for some video of that show! looks like an outfit called Research Video has the rights, and is only working with production companies (that's what the web site says). anyone have ideas? any other Swingin' Time veterans out there?

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 543
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robin Seymours Swingin Time! Remember it welll.

Sludgedaddy
Username: Sludgedaddy

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know that Robin Seymour apologized for having The Mothers of Invention appear on Swingin' Time. He was probably fore-warned not to invite The Fugs.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4044
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-WM-lZ6YWWE

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 337
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 4:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was a great clip Pam. Thanks and good luck. That was b4 my time. I grew up with Soooouuuuulll Trrraain. I dont remember any RnR shows growing up in the late 70s and 80s. dare I say "I am ony 40"?

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 284
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 5:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i heard bout SWINGING TIME, NEVER SAW IT, told my daughters boyfriend" when i was kid i watched american bandstand, soul train, then at night it was hee haw." before cable and remotes.Hey didn,t the DOC OF ROCK do time on Swinging Time?

Ronaldj
Username: Ronaldj

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robin Seymour and WKNR

Formerspringgardener
Username: Formerspringgardener

Post Number: 80
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We used to run home after school to catch it. I remember seeing Bob Seger and the Last Herd on that show and Seger with his wool coat.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott Richard Case was another regular.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.