Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » East Riverfront Developments Starting? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 320
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had some time to kill the other day, and decided to take a scenic route through the East River Front area instead of Jefferson. There is a ton of construction in this area. Some new things I noticed, appeared to be some minor new construction beginning between St Aubin Park and Chene Park. Also, it appears that work is being done at the old Trade Warehouse on Orleans and Atwater. A sign on the side of the building says lofts are coming soon. I also noticed a few, apparently new restaurants and stores throughout the area.

I was just wondering if anyone had any other news/updates they'd like to add concerning any of these development projects that are apparently now under way. Plus, any information on some of the smaller projects (new restaurants and such)?

Wood
Username: Wood

Post Number: 52
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the only actual "new" thing you've noticed is the work going on at the globe building---on tuesday they started putting up plywood to block the long-wide-open doors.

a homeless guy who lives on the second floor told me they were evicting him.

the only new "restaurant" is the cafe at the rivard plaza.

Innercitydoc
Username: Innercitydoc

Post Number: 62
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I drove by Magnolia's the other day and noticed that it was closed. There was a sign that said a Steve's Soul Food was coming this year. WTF? When did this happen?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.