Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Woodbridge Pub has new windows! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chub
Username: Chub

Post Number: 518
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 2:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice! I'm so proud of what Jim, the owner has done to the building so far. This will be a real jewel for the neighborhood.

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 329
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are the cross streets? Great looking corner bar. I have to say, having a neighborhood joint around the corner to have a quick pint is really a nice neighborhood element.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 540
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

trumbull , i 94

Birdie
Username: Birdie

Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's on the corner of merrick and trumbull. should open really soon! i tried a sneak preview of some of the food and it's going to be deeeeelicious!

so excited to have another watering hole/snack joint withing walking distance! yay jim!

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

damn! I've been biking by every week and I about wet myself when I saw the new windows two weeks ago. I almost bought that grey, wood structure across the street a few years ago. Having that pub across the street would have been WAY too convenient!

Hugh9269
Username: Hugh9269

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am very excited about the new bar!

This new spot will be a nice tie in with WSU and the Cass Corridor scene.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1205
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jim is a neato guy. He's got an ol' fridge from a butcher shop (was filled with sawdust, to give you an idea how old it is) that he's converting into a men's room. Lots of creativity and hard work going into it. Yay!

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 427
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Model D story. Thats an amazing looking bar, and made from salvaged wood nonetheless.
http://modeldmedia.com/feature s/woodbridgepub146.aspx

Gotdetroit
Username: Gotdetroit

Post Number: 167
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As for the new windows...I just drove by on Sunday and noticed all those nice new windows were boarded up. Did they get smashed out?

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 342
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoopsie!

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 406
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They should have invested in some salvaged metal shutters.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, I thought about making a comment back in May about the over/under on days until the windows were smashed out. Thought it might be in bad taste.

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 344
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of over/unders, what's shakin' over at Zaccaro's these days?

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 651
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

They should have invested in some salvaged metal shutters.

If my memory serves me, somebody on the sandbox said that same exact thing back in May.

Chub

Post Number: 524
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone actually know that the windows were smashed out?

Dds

Post Number: 652
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why else would there be boards over them? (Unless Gotdetroit was seeing things.)

Chub

Post Number: 525
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Um, because maybe Jim wanted to make sure that their wern't any problems before he opened.

Still interested if anyone knows for a fact that the windows have been smashed.

Jhartmich
Username: Jhartmich

Post Number: 134
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Turn down Merrick everyday to go to work. I saw those windows being put in and thought - wow! Those will be broke out within a year. I hope it doesn't happen. Looks like a great place. Looking forward to wandering over there from my Cass and Forest neighborhood.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 549
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW! This has to be the greatest Detroityes support thread ever.

I want to see the stats of the people on this thread that support this new business. Maybe 3 out of X? Keep it up Detroit.

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1555
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 1:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will someone please answer, were the windows smashed?

Pistonian_revolution
Username: Pistonian_revolution

Post Number: 99
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i just drove by the woodbridge pub today, and the windows are not smashed. i dont even think they ever were boarded up. if they were, it was probably before the windows were installed.

i hate how people make shit up and jump to conclusions when they lack accurate information.

the place looks great. can't wait for to open. i don't even drink. maybe i'll take my beer-loving friends and i'll just have some orange juice.

Dds

Post Number: 655
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gotdetroit, you got some explaining to do.

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 473
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No he doesn't. Look at what was said

"As for the new windows...I just drove by on Sunday and noticed all those nice new windows were boarded up. Did they get smashed out?"

He asked a question, not stated. Just an example of how people need to READ. There isn't anything wrong with a little speculation, but some people like to take it many steps further.

Gotdetroit
Username: Gotdetroit

Post Number: 168
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wolverine, thanks.

No, I never said they were smashed. I drove by on my way out of town to take my kids back to their mothers on Sunday (or if I’m really being honest, it could have been on my way home with the kids on Friday). Either way, I remember seeing the Trumbull side windows boarded up. It stuck out, because I remember hearing about the place getting ready to open (or had already opened).

I also remember thinking that it was odd the front door had a big sliding metal door to prevent break-ins, but that the windows didn’t.

Or, maybe my kids drove me insane on the 2 1/2 hour car ride. Dunno.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1465
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you look at the picture posted at the top of this forum, it's possible that the window treatments could look like the windows were boarded up from the inside if you were driving by quickly, and the sun were shining off them

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13010
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That door treatment is obviously a hang-over from that site's previous life.

Anyone know how soon we can tip a pint here?!

Boo
Username: Boo

Post Number: 195
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i walk my dog by that pub once or twice a day and they were never smashed out. the boards were put up there presumably to keep people out (or to prevent sneak previews) while they finish construction. i really hope they don't have any probs- that is a dark stretch at night.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 550
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The front door no longer has a big sliding metal door.

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to live a block away from there. Sure would have been nice to have a local back then, and not have to cross the great Lodge divide for the nearest nightlife.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11801
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Windows weren't smashed out, but the metal trim surrounding the windows was stripped off apparently by metal scrappers. You'll notice the trim on Merrick completely gone, while the trim facing Trumbull seems to have gave them trouble. Still, though the trim wasn't stolen, it was seriously damaged.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2136
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so what's the long arm of the law doing to stop scrappers in this city?

Bigglenlake
Username: Bigglenlake

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Windows weren't smashed out, but the metal trim surrounding the windows was stripped off apparently by metal scrappers. You'll notice the trim on Merrick completely gone, while the trim facing Trumbull seems to have gave them trouble. Still, though the trim wasn't stolen, it was seriously damaged."

And so Detroit rises, one pub at a time!

Chub

Post Number: 526
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No windows were ever smashed and no trim was ever stolen. The wrong color windows were installed and had to be replaced. I talked to the owner this morning about it, and he had no idea people were making up all these false rumors about some kind of supposed damage done to his building. So now ya'll know. All is good at the Woodbridge Pub.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.