Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Motor City Burning Documentary « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Doug_warren
Username: Doug_warren

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last July, the Ebling and You program, heard weekdays on WILS AM 1320 in Lansing, aired a sixteen part documentary I produced to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the 1967 Detroit riot. The documentary aired on July 24 and 25, 2007.

As the 41st anniversary approaches, I have set up a You Tube channel which archives the entire production.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wa ketheherd

Any and all feedback on the documentary is welcome.

Sincerely,

Doug Warren

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 371
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found it extremely informative. It severely contradicts what many in this region swear never ever happened. That's probably going to be the biggest criticism of this documentary, that many don't believe (or refuse to admit) any of the incidents described in this documentary ever took place.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4200
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What things do people claim never happened?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2061
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crumbled_pavement, do you mean the after-effects that they swear never happened or the riot itself?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 5295
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for your effort, Doug_warren.

I've bookmarked it and am continuing to listen to it at part 2.

(Message edited by Jimaz on May 06, 2008)

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 372
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitrise, I mean the conditions that lead up to the riot.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 273
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 3:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

got it bookmarked need to figure out how to get rid of the background music can,t really hear too well. this subject has always facinated me, my father was a suburban reserve police officer during the riots, had plenty of stories to tell.

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 94
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 3:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fantastic. Thank you for posting those.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.